FRITZ!Box 7270 review: An all-in-one marvel featuring an ADSL2+ modem, dual-band wireless networking and VoIP
Vodafone's 'USB stick' mobile broadband modem is basic but cheap
An all-in-one ADSL2+ modem and wireless router that represents great value for money
Vodafone's Pocket WiFi modem offers mobile broadband access for up to five devices
This Belkin wireless ADSL2+ modem-router would be absolutely awesome -- except it's very unreliable
Nokia is selling off its wireless modem business to Renesas Electronics, a move that could help the mobile giant better focus on phone competition and get rid of a business that may have been struggling.
LG Electronics MobileComm plans to demonstrate a next-generation cellular modem that can download data at speeds up to 100M bits per second.
A blogger helping to tune a friend's wi-fi network uncovered a gaping security hole in Wi-Fi cable modem routers installed in 64,000 Time Warner subscribers' homes, leaving them open to attack.
Many routers (and modem/routers) offer a QoS feature, which is a handy way of ensuring that, for example, sending email and browsing the Web won't interfere with fast-paced online games or calls using Skype. QoS stands for 'Quality of Service' and it...
Just got back from my folks' house, where Mom and Dad were each encountering the same problem with their respective computers: frequent, sporadic losses of Internet connectivity.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Report: Apple Car launch date slips back a year to 2021
- Pokémon Go and the demon-haunted world
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- CCInfrastructure Solution DesignerACT
- CCHCMS Program ManagerNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCService Management Specialist / ITILNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC