Developers got their first look at MeeGo last week, with the release of key components of the as-yet unfinished operating system.
MSI and Novell will ship in February the first netbook based on the SUSE Moblin open-source Linux operating system. The pair is showing the device at this week's CES event in Las Vegas.
Intel has made available for download its latest Linux-based operating system, Moblin 2.1, just a few days after announcing the new software.
Intel has expanded the scope of Linux-based Moblin by porting the OS from netbooks to mobile devices and desktops, where it could compete with Microsoft's Windows OS.
A new Linux netbook based on Moblin will be introduced this week, and it may represent a new way that the Linux community is approaching the mass market.
Moblin is an Intel-created open-source operating system for netbooks and, specifically, the kind of people who use them.
Moblin, short for mobile Linux, is a free open-source operating system originally developed by Intel for its low-power Atom processor and designed to run on devices, including netbooks.
Latest News Articles
- Thousands of sites compromised through WordPress plug-in vulnerability
- EU hears Google, Microsoft, Yahoo on 'right to be forgotten'
- Europeans call for a single EU copyright to get more access to online services
- Hackers steal user data from the European Central Bank website, ask for money
- Lenovo shows smart glasses prototype as it seeks hardware partners
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What does an NBN connection look like in a new home?
- 2 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 3 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 4 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 5 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- 7% off $19.95 free shipping
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »