Both Apple and Samsung this week predicted slow growth for smartphone and mobile phone sales in early 2016, making investors queasy.
Budget smartphones keep getting better as software matures and components become cheaper. Some companies have produced inexpensive smartphones that are good enough to replace your big-brand flagship. Others haven’t had the same success.
The 2014 World Cup has kicked off! Even if you’re happy to sacrifice sleep like us, life can get in the way; work, commutes, driving, and ill-timed commitments are a few disruptions. The following is a guide to help you stream the World Cup when out ...
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is an evolutionary device; the vendor’s new flagship is better than its predecessor across the board, without quite being revolutionary. But while it houses impressive hardware, it is let down by the infamous TouchWiz, Samsung’s...
Last week we published five reasons to avoid the new HTC One (M8) smartphone, intended as forward-thinking criticisms to urge further refinement to an evolutionary product. For the few negatives, the HTC One (M8) has at least double the positives. In...
HTC definitely won its fair share of fans with the One (M7), and is on the right track to do the same with the One (M8). That said, some issues continue to linger which could be reasons to avoid the device and opt for a competitor’s. Here are five re...
With plenty of user interface add-ons available on the Google Play store, it can be hard to decide what to download, especially when there’s a price attached. The following are our three favourites.
The first BlackBerry 10 smartphone, the BlackBerry Z10, is currently available in select markets across the globe, and it's expected to be released in most of the major mobile markets, including the United States, by the end of March.
It's widely accepted in the technology industry that Apple is working on a smart, internet-connected TV device. But what do we really know about the 'iTV' so far? There's been a lot of speculation flying around about an Apple TV set for several years...
Apple has blocked it from going on sale in Australia, and Samsung postponed the launch event, but we were lucky enough to get our hands on the hotly-anticipated Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android tablet before its official release in Australia.
One of the nicest 13.3in business laptops on the Australian market
The tablet market may be still in its relative infancy in Australia, but Google's latest 'Honeycomb' operating system has given manufacturers a nice building block to start from.
Japan's biggest electronics and gadgets show, Ceatec, runs all of next week and many new technologies and prototype gadgets are expected to be on show.
A lot has changed in the 20 years since the first laptop computers appeared, including gigahertz processors, color screens, optical drives and wireless data. However, one thing that has stubbornly stayed the same is the conventional clamshell format ...
Adam Blum, CEO of startup Rhomobile, says 90% of the programs being written with his company's open source mobile application framework are by ISVs and the other 10% by enterprises, but over time he'd like to see those percentages reversed.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fake news fallout: Facebook starts asking users if headlines are accurate
- Dead Rising 4 impressions: 'Tis the season to BBQ zombies with your flaming sword
- Surface Book i7 vs. MacBook Pro: Fight!
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Nikola Motor unveils its hydrogen fuel cell 18-wheeler
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- CCDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- CCWintel Server SupportACT
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- CCHelp Desk Support Engineer - Finance/TradingNSW
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Java and AWSVIC
- FTSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTField Engineer - Hardware DecommissionVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementVIC
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraVIC
- TPLead Project ManagerQLD
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystSA
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- CCSenior Developer | Salesforce/JavaNSW
- CCSenior Financial PlannerNSW
- FTJapanese Speaking Technical Support EngineerNSW
- FTSuperannuation Fund AdministratorSA