Both Apple and Samsung this week predicted slow growth for smartphone and mobile phone sales in early 2016, making investors queasy.
Budget smartphones keep getting better as software matures and components become cheaper. Some companies have produced inexpensive smartphones that are good enough to replace your big-brand flagship. Others haven’t had the same success.
The 2014 World Cup has kicked off! Even if you’re happy to sacrifice sleep like us, life can get in the way; work, commutes, driving, and ill-timed commitments are a few disruptions. The following is a guide to help you stream the World Cup when out ...
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is an evolutionary device; the vendor’s new flagship is better than its predecessor across the board, without quite being revolutionary. But while it houses impressive hardware, it is let down by the infamous TouchWiz, Samsung’s...
Last week we published five reasons to avoid the new HTC One (M8) smartphone, intended as forward-thinking criticisms to urge further refinement to an evolutionary product. For the few negatives, the HTC One (M8) has at least double the positives. In...
HTC definitely won its fair share of fans with the One (M7), and is on the right track to do the same with the One (M8). That said, some issues continue to linger which could be reasons to avoid the device and opt for a competitor’s. Here are five re...
With plenty of user interface add-ons available on the Google Play store, it can be hard to decide what to download, especially when there’s a price attached. The following are our three favourites.
The first BlackBerry 10 smartphone, the BlackBerry Z10, is currently available in select markets across the globe, and it's expected to be released in most of the major mobile markets, including the United States, by the end of March.
It's widely accepted in the technology industry that Apple is working on a smart, internet-connected TV device. But what do we really know about the 'iTV' so far? There's been a lot of speculation flying around about an Apple TV set for several years...
Apple has blocked it from going on sale in Australia, and Samsung postponed the launch event, but we were lucky enough to get our hands on the hotly-anticipated Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android tablet before its official release in Australia.
One of the nicest 13.3in business laptops on the Australian market
The tablet market may be still in its relative infancy in Australia, but Google's latest 'Honeycomb' operating system has given manufacturers a nice building block to start from.
Japan's biggest electronics and gadgets show, Ceatec, runs all of next week and many new technologies and prototype gadgets are expected to be on show.
A lot has changed in the 20 years since the first laptop computers appeared, including gigahertz processors, color screens, optical drives and wireless data. However, one thing that has stubbornly stayed the same is the conventional clamshell format ...
Adam Blum, CEO of startup Rhomobile, says 90% of the programs being written with his company's open source mobile application framework are by ISVs and the other 10% by enterprises, but over time he'd like to see those percentages reversed.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Report: Apple Car launch date slips back a year to 2021
- Pokémon Go and the demon-haunted world
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Back-end .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCHigh Severity Incident ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- CCUI/UX DesignerNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC