More smartphones will ship worldwide in 2013 than other so-called mobile 'feature' phones as the average price of smartphones drops, IDC said Tuesday.
HTC has cancelled plans to develop a larger Windows RT tablet because demand for tablets based on the Microsoft operating system has been weak.
Google's Drive cloud storage service has been retooled for Android users and is now capable of capturing a document by converting a photo of it to text.<
BlackBerry's free Messenger service is being expanded to work with iOS and Android devices, the company announced today at its BlackBerry Live event.
The annual BlackBerry Live conference was kicked off Tuesday with the launch of a new 3.1-in. qwerty smartphone, the BlackBerry Q5, that's slated to go on sale this summer in emerging markets, but not in the U.S.
Samsung has built several different Galaxy S4 smartphones, including a U.S. version running a Snapdragon processor that requires an extra image processor to enable heavily promoted user functions such as eye-movement recognition.
Nvidia will stay on board with making Tegra ARM-based processors for Windows RT tablets despite sluggish early sales of the devices, making the same commitment that Qualcomm has made, an Nvidia executive said
A year before Google's futuristic-looking, computerized eyeglasses are even expected to hit the market, they have been banned -- again.
New tablet shipments will outnumber laptops for the first time in 2013, as touch display capabilities drive buying patterns rather than new operating systems like Windows 8 and Windows RT, research firm NPD DisplaySearch reported on Monday.
Tablet shipments exploded by 142 per cent in the first quarter of 2013 year-over-year as all Android tablets, including low-budget white box versions, dominated the market over Apple iOS tablets, IDC said.
BlackBerry and Samsung have separately launched security and management software with dual-personality features for their latest Z10 and Galaxy S4 smartphones, both designed to meet the demands of a growing BYOD marketplace.
Samsung and Google are reportedly building a Nexus 11 tablet with an 11-in. display that runs Samsung's octa-core processor and will be released this year.
Samsung began production of the industry's first ultra-high-speed, 4Gbit, LPDDR3 mobile memory, which it says has performance levels comparable to the standard DRAM used in personal computers.
Samsung on Monday unveiled a sleek update to its Galaxy Tab product line, the 7-in. Galaxy Tab 3.
Samsung is second to Apple in tablet sales and coming on strong, though Samsung Galaxy Tab users remain well behind iPad users in how much they use the Web.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Expert | 3mth+contractVIC
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- FTSenior Security Solution Architect - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager - Knowledge Management implementationVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- FTL&D Consultant, Wealth AdvisorNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - RANVIC
- CCNetworks Engineer - SecurityVIC
- TPStrategic Business AnalystVIC
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- TPIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT