More smartphones will ship worldwide in 2013 than other so-called mobile 'feature' phones as the average price of smartphones drops, IDC said Tuesday.
HTC has cancelled plans to develop a larger Windows RT tablet because demand for tablets based on the Microsoft operating system has been weak.
Google's Drive cloud storage service has been retooled for Android users and is now capable of capturing a document by converting a photo of it to text.<
BlackBerry's free Messenger service is being expanded to work with iOS and Android devices, the company announced today at its BlackBerry Live event.
The annual BlackBerry Live conference was kicked off Tuesday with the launch of a new 3.1-in. qwerty smartphone, the BlackBerry Q5, that's slated to go on sale this summer in emerging markets, but not in the U.S.
Samsung has built several different Galaxy S4 smartphones, including a U.S. version running a Snapdragon processor that requires an extra image processor to enable heavily promoted user functions such as eye-movement recognition.
Nvidia will stay on board with making Tegra ARM-based processors for Windows RT tablets despite sluggish early sales of the devices, making the same commitment that Qualcomm has made, an Nvidia executive said
A year before Google's futuristic-looking, computerized eyeglasses are even expected to hit the market, they have been banned -- again.
New tablet shipments will outnumber laptops for the first time in 2013, as touch display capabilities drive buying patterns rather than new operating systems like Windows 8 and Windows RT, research firm NPD DisplaySearch reported on Monday.
Tablet shipments exploded by 142 per cent in the first quarter of 2013 year-over-year as all Android tablets, including low-budget white box versions, dominated the market over Apple iOS tablets, IDC said.
BlackBerry and Samsung have separately launched security and management software with dual-personality features for their latest Z10 and Galaxy S4 smartphones, both designed to meet the demands of a growing BYOD marketplace.
Samsung and Google are reportedly building a Nexus 11 tablet with an 11-in. display that runs Samsung's octa-core processor and will be released this year.
Samsung began production of the industry's first ultra-high-speed, 4Gbit, LPDDR3 mobile memory, which it says has performance levels comparable to the standard DRAM used in personal computers.
Samsung on Monday unveiled a sleek update to its Galaxy Tab product line, the 7-in. Galaxy Tab 3.
Samsung is second to Apple in tablet sales and coming on strong, though Samsung Galaxy Tab users remain well behind iPad users in how much they use the Web.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- 45 per cent of Australians do not recycle e-waste: TechCollect
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW