As Microsoft prepares to release a major upgrade to its Windows Phone operating system, to version 8.1, some third party software makers are unsure whether smartphones running Windows Phone 8.0 will run the new OS.
Microsoft's new update for Windows Phone 8 added support for larger phones and higher-resolution screens, a move analysts hoped would soon put the operating system onto small-sized tablets, a market Microsoft and its OEM partners have largely ignored...
Troubled BlackBerry started the smartphone marathon race ahead of the pack years ago, but has fallen well behind as it faces 4,500 worker layoffs, a $1 billion write-off for unsold smartphones and the likelihood of being sold off in parts.
It appears that Amazon will eventually produce a smartphone -- the question is not if, but when.
Samsung will reportedly announce its next-generation Galaxy S5 smartphone in January -- two months sooner than expected -- because of poor sales of the Galaxy S4.
With its acquisition of gesture-recognition company Flutter, Google may be looking to beef up Google Glass and its Android products while also looking to win over the hearts and minds of Apple iPhone users.
Analytics and advertising firms tracking Apple's new mobile operating system iOS 7 said today that its uptake has been 14% faster than last year's iOS 6.
UCLA researchers reported this week that they have created a light-emitting electronic display that can be stretched, folded and twisted, while remaining lit and snapping back into its original shape.
Apple today said it had sold over 9 million iPhones during the opening three-day weekend of sales, an 80 per cent increase over last year's launch of the iPhone 5 and a record by a major margin.
Amid rumors of layoffs and a possible sale of the company, BlackBerry today announced some good news: its popular BBM messaging service will be available for Android and iPhone devices this weekend.
Google is buying the mobile startup Bump Technologies, makers of the popular app that enables users to transfer photos, videos and files just by bumping their phones together.
Microsoft will pay at least $200 for used iPads made by rival Apple, and in return issue credit that customers can use to buy one of the company's Surface tablets.
Early reaction to Samsung's new Galaxy Gear smartwatch, announced on Wednesday in Berlin, was decidedly downbeat if not downright negative.
The next version of Android will be called KitKat after the Nestle chocolate bar, and not Key Lime Pie, as was predicted for months, Google has announced.
Leaked photos show an upcoming BlackBerry smartphone/phablet with a 5in display that will launch with the name Z30 instead of the earlier-expected name A10.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Maps tunnel navigation can be dangerous
- Akitio Thunder3 PCIe SSD review: Blazingly fast external storage for rich kids
- Xbox One S controller review: New features and custom colors make for a great successor
- Why you want Google's Allo
- This week in games: Blizzard ditches Battle.net, Gears of War 4 adds PC split-screen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA