According to the latest rumours, Apple is planning to unveil the latest version of its iOS operating system for iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch devices, along with a revamped MobileMe service in 'early April'.
An iPhone 3G owner who was in Chicago to attend a convention used Apple's new "Find My iPhone" location service to pinpoint, then confront, the thief who made off with his phone.
Even though Apple recently upgraded the back-end infrastructure of its problem-plagued MobileMe, the online service was offline for nearly six hours Monday, according to a Web uptime measurement company.
Users of Apple's MobileMe have already discovered that the US$99-per-year service is sometimes slow and unreliable, and they're now talking about another shortcoming that was intentional.
MobileMe has always seemed like a hard sell in the consumer market.
Remember the early days of PDAs? They revolutionized the concept of a planner by combining calendars, contacts and notes into a compact, easy-to-carry device that could be connected to and synced with your computer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- How to use Microsoft Edge, Windows 10's new browser
- Here are the key security features coming to Windows 10 next week
- Nvidia's latest Quadro GPU delivers a blistering 12 teraflops of performance
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW