At $US99, the mini PC developed by thin-client expert Young Song is meant to be affordable. In fact, the price is so low, most consumers won't hesitate to buy one, he said.
Plenty of eyes may be focused on Google Glass as the device attracts attention in the field of "augmented reality," but a crop of other players developing their own glasses-like products are also hoping to stand out as the industry matures.
ARM Holdings has done well under CEO Warren East and there was no obvious reason for him to step aside. But by July 1, the new CEO, fellow ARM veteran Simon Segars, will be the new chief executive.
Development platform vendor Verivo Software wants to provide the back end for mobile enterprise apps to make it easier for corporate programmers to add features such as off-line access and authentication.
More smartphones will ship worldwide in 2013 than other so-called mobile 'feature' phones as the average price of smartphones drops, IDC said Tuesday.
Android users jealous of their iOS brethren's six-second Vine masterpieces can now shoot their own looping video clips. But there are a few key differences in the two apps: Android users can zoom in while filming, but can't shoot front-facing selfies...
Google wants more developers to use its App Engine cloud service, and has launched Mobile Backend Starter to make it easier.
Google Glass can, in theory, be used for lots of things, but sexually explicit material is one area now off limits to developers.
A Japanese entrepreneur who founded one of the country's largest web portals and was a national celebrity before being jailed for securities fraud is now free and has launched a firm to develop smartphone apps.
Foxconn, the world's largest contract electronics manufacturer, has become the latest company to back Mozilla's Firefox OS and is developing more than five devices running the mobile operating system for its customers.
HTC has cancelled plans to develop a larger Windows RT tablet because demand for tablets based on the Microsoft operating system has been weak.
The U.S. government has lifted sanctions on the export of a variety of consumer communications devices, software and services including mobile phones to Iran ahead of elections in that country.
The tug-of-war over Clearwire looks set to continue for at least another two weeks as the struggling mobile operator postponed a special shareholder meeting once again to consider Dish Network's latest bid.
Tumblr is now putting ads in users' feeds on the desktop, in what could be the first move toward making sure the social blogging site is a profitable business for Yahoo.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCSenior Citrix EngineerNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCIOS DeveloperWA