A majority of Americans -- about 56% -- now own a smartphone, according to Pew Research Center's latest survey.
Developer tool company AppGyver loves the PhoneGap platform, but is convinced there is room for productivity and performance improvements and is working on products to achieve both.
At $US99, the mini PC developed by thin-client expert Young Song is meant to be affordable. In fact, the price is so low, most consumers won't hesitate to buy one, he said.
Plenty of eyes may be focused on Google Glass as the device attracts attention in the field of "augmented reality," but a crop of other players developing their own glasses-like products are also hoping to stand out as the industry matures.
ARM Holdings has done well under CEO Warren East and there was no obvious reason for him to step aside. But by July 1, the new CEO, fellow ARM veteran Simon Segars, will be the new chief executive.
Development platform vendor Verivo Software wants to provide the back end for mobile enterprise apps to make it easier for corporate programmers to add features such as off-line access and authentication.
More smartphones will ship worldwide in 2013 than other so-called mobile 'feature' phones as the average price of smartphones drops, IDC said Tuesday.
Android users jealous of their iOS brethren's six-second Vine masterpieces can now shoot their own looping video clips. But there are a few key differences in the two apps: Android users can zoom in while filming, but can't shoot front-facing selfies...
Google wants more developers to use its App Engine cloud service, and has launched Mobile Backend Starter to make it easier.
Google Glass can, in theory, be used for lots of things, but sexually explicit material is one area now off limits to developers.
A Japanese entrepreneur who founded one of the country's largest web portals and was a national celebrity before being jailed for securities fraud is now free and has launched a firm to develop smartphone apps.
Foxconn, the world's largest contract electronics manufacturer, has become the latest company to back Mozilla's Firefox OS and is developing more than five devices running the mobile operating system for its customers.
HTC has cancelled plans to develop a larger Windows RT tablet because demand for tablets based on the Microsoft operating system has been weak.
The U.S. government has lifted sanctions on the export of a variety of consumer communications devices, software and services including mobile phones to Iran ahead of elections in that country.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- How to turn off Chrome notifications and stop websites from bugging you
- Microsoft's Cortana is headed to the Android lock screen
- Gabe Newell's Reddit Q&A: The most interesting answers on Half-Life 3, Steam support, and more
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerVIC
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCFIS Connex DeveloperQLD
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperSA
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCProject Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- CCProcurement AnalystQLD
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- TPDeployment Support EngineerVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW