Google is close to a deal to acquire Waze, maker of the eponymous crowdsourced mapping app, for at least $1 billion, according to the Wall Street Journal and others.
The U.S. Department of Justice said Friday it has no objection to Softbank acquiring Sprint Nextel, a decision that clears the way for the Federal Communications Commission to rule on the deal.
Microsoft's TechEd North America conference, which was held this week in New Orleans, provided a first glimpse of the architecture that Microsoft shops should use to manage employee personal devices for work duties, an emerging IT trend called bring ...
Australian telecommunications provider, iiNet, has unveiled a range of 4G mobile plans with no lock-in contracts
BlackBerry Messenger, a free messaging and social networking app for BlackBerry devices, will arrive at iOS and Android app stores at some point, but not on 27 June.
A majority of Americans -- about 56% -- now own a smartphone, according to Pew Research Center's latest survey.
Developer tool company AppGyver loves the PhoneGap platform, but is convinced there is room for productivity and performance improvements and is working on products to achieve both.
At $US99, the mini PC developed by thin-client expert Young Song is meant to be affordable. In fact, the price is so low, most consumers won't hesitate to buy one, he said.
Plenty of eyes may be focused on Google Glass as the device attracts attention in the field of "augmented reality," but a crop of other players developing their own glasses-like products are also hoping to stand out as the industry matures.
ARM Holdings has done well under CEO Warren East and there was no obvious reason for him to step aside. But by July 1, the new CEO, fellow ARM veteran Simon Segars, will be the new chief executive.
Development platform vendor Verivo Software wants to provide the back end for mobile enterprise apps to make it easier for corporate programmers to add features such as off-line access and authentication.
More smartphones will ship worldwide in 2013 than other so-called mobile 'feature' phones as the average price of smartphones drops, IDC said Tuesday.
Android users jealous of their iOS brethren's six-second Vine masterpieces can now shoot their own looping video clips. But there are a few key differences in the two apps: Android users can zoom in while filming, but can't shoot front-facing selfies...
Google wants more developers to use its App Engine cloud service, and has launched Mobile Backend Starter to make it easier.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW