The bricks keep falling into place for Vine, Twitter's hot six-second microvideo app. Mere days after Vine for Android added selfie-inducing front camera support, version 1.2 of the app is now available in the Amazon App Store.
Two years after virtually dropping out of the mobile business, Hewlett-Packard is working on a new smartphone, an HP executive told Press Trust of India.
The first Web-based Firefox mobile OS smartphones will be released soon in Spain and Poland, with more coming soon to other regions of the world, Mozilla announced Monday.
Telefónica will be the first to offer a commercial smartphone based on Firefox OS. The Spanish operator will start selling the ZTE Open on Tuesday for €69 (US$90) with a prepaid subscription.
In the wee hours of Sunday morning, Sprint Nextel will give its iDEN push-to-talk network the final push -- over the edge.
Vine for Android is catching up to its iOS counterpart with the addition of front-camera support. Whether the power of selfies will compel users who have decamped to Instagram to go back over to Vine remains to be seen.
Microsoft has released a SkyDrive Pro mobile application that gives SharePoint Online users access to the cloud storage service from iOS and Windows 8 devices.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to open up 10 megahertz of spectrum in the 1900MHz band for commercial mobile services.
Verizon Wireless has completed the initial rollout of its 4G LTE network, covering 95 percent of the U.S. population, and is now looking to reuse other spectrum for LTE and deploy small cells using the technology.
Dish Network has dropped its offer to buy Clearwire, probably clearing the path for a strengthened Sprint Nextel to complete its takeover of the struggling but spectrum-rich mobile operator.
Developers find Firefox OS the most compelling among new smartphone OSes, generating more interest than Tizen and BlackBerry 10, even though no commercial products have been launched for it yet.
Spanish operator Telefónica is worried about the Android-iOS smartphone duopoly, and has joined with Microsoft in a marketing blitz that it hopes will convince consumers to pick up smartphones based on Windows Phone.
Over three quarters of Android threats are malicious apps that send SMS messages to premium rate numbers and could be mitigated by a protection feature present in Android 4.2, according to researchers from networking vendor Juniper Networks.
South Korean operator SK Telecom said it launched an LTE-Advanced network on Wednesday, offering speeds of up to 150Mbps on an upgraded version of Samsung's Galaxy S4 handset.
if reports are accurate, Facebook may soon be where smartphone and tablet users can get the latest news from around the world.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTAgile Scrum Master/TrainerNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Lead - FrontendNSW
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTHR Learning Management ExpertNSW
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- CCServer SOE EngineerACT
- CCProject Manager - Knowledge Management Project - TelcoVIC
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Process Specialist | ProcurementVIC