The first Web-based Firefox mobile OS smartphones will be released soon in Spain and Poland, with more coming soon to other regions of the world, Mozilla announced Monday.
Telefónica will be the first to offer a commercial smartphone based on Firefox OS. The Spanish operator will start selling the ZTE Open on Tuesday for €69 (US$90) with a prepaid subscription.
In the wee hours of Sunday morning, Sprint Nextel will give its iDEN push-to-talk network the final push -- over the edge.
Vine for Android is catching up to its iOS counterpart with the addition of front-camera support. Whether the power of selfies will compel users who have decamped to Instagram to go back over to Vine remains to be seen.
Microsoft has released a SkyDrive Pro mobile application that gives SharePoint Online users access to the cloud storage service from iOS and Windows 8 devices.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to open up 10 megahertz of spectrum in the 1900MHz band for commercial mobile services.
Verizon Wireless has completed the initial rollout of its 4G LTE network, covering 95 percent of the U.S. population, and is now looking to reuse other spectrum for LTE and deploy small cells using the technology.
Dish Network has dropped its offer to buy Clearwire, probably clearing the path for a strengthened Sprint Nextel to complete its takeover of the struggling but spectrum-rich mobile operator.
Developers find Firefox OS the most compelling among new smartphone OSes, generating more interest than Tizen and BlackBerry 10, even though no commercial products have been launched for it yet.
Spanish operator Telefónica is worried about the Android-iOS smartphone duopoly, and has joined with Microsoft in a marketing blitz that it hopes will convince consumers to pick up smartphones based on Windows Phone.
Over three quarters of Android threats are malicious apps that send SMS messages to premium rate numbers and could be mitigated by a protection feature present in Android 4.2, according to researchers from networking vendor Juniper Networks.
South Korean operator SK Telecom said it launched an LTE-Advanced network on Wednesday, offering speeds of up to 150Mbps on an upgraded version of Samsung's Galaxy S4 handset.
if reports are accurate, Facebook may soon be where smartphone and tablet users can get the latest news from around the world.
Sprint Nextel shareholders have voted overwhelmingly to approve SoftBank's US$21.6 billion takeover bid, setting the stage for the deal to close early next month.
As mobile device shipments overtake those of PCs, cross-platform tool developer Xamarin hopes to get more enterprises to adapt their apps for Android and iOS with the help of its .Net Mobility Scanner.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- TPSOA DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW