The latest simulator for the upcoming Firefox mobile OS is aimed to please developers planning to sell applications.
Verizon Wireless became the first U.S. carrier to join the Ubuntu Carrier Advisory Group, but it is not clear whether it will eventually promote phones running the open-source Ubuntu OS on its network.
Sprint and its new owner, SoftBank, hit the ground running on Thursday by announcing service plans that can include guaranteed talk, text and data for life.
Armed with the Nokia Lumia 1020's camera superiority in a crowded smartphone market dominated by Android and iOS, it appears that Nokia is helping Windows Phone instead of the other way around.
Vine, the trendy Twitter-owned mobile video app, is coming to the Windows Phone 8 operating system about six months after its initial launch on iOS.
A second vulnerability that can be exploited to modify legitimate Android apps without breaking their digital signatures has been identified and publicly documented.
Google's updated version of Maps finally started rolling out to Android smartphones and tablets this week. The interface has been overhauled to more closely match Google's new design norm.
Apps that provide turn-by-turn navigation on Windows Phone are at a premium, literally, as virtually all require either an up-front payment or a subscription. Nokia's Here Drive+ app is set to change all that.
Microsoft has doubled the support lifespan of Windows Phone 8 from 18 to 36 months and promised to release an enterprise-oriented "feature pack" for the mobile operating system in the first half of 2014.
At MobileBeat 2013, Samsung unveiled a prototype for a new smartphone with healthcare monitoring that features two fold-out panels that can change colors based on the mode the phone is in.
People might start seeing a lot more Instagram content across the Web -- the photo- and video-sharing app has just announced the introduction of Web embeds.
T-Mobile US will let its customers switch phones twice a year under a new service announced Wednesday, the company's latest move to set itself apart from its larger rivals.
Google is incorporating several new features into its Maps app on Android-powered devices -- which are also coming soon to iOS -- to make it easier to search and navigate using the service.
Peter Sunde, the co-founder of BitTorrent search engine The Pirate Bay, is working on developing a secure mobile messaging app and service that's intended to be safe from government surveillance and be user friendly at the same time.
Technical details and a proof-of-concept exploit have been published for a recently announced Android vulnerability that potentially affects millions of devices and allows attackers to turn legitimate apps into Trojan programs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/Systems Analyst (DW/BI)ACT
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior Web Developer | Django | Python | AWS | PostgreSQL | North Sydney NSW
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- TPSenior Helpdesk OfficerACT
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTMid-Senior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTProfessional Learning Facilitator - Information ManagementVIC
- CCBase24 DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Systems ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- TPHelpdesk/Level 1 SupportQLD
- FTWindows Server Engineer - multiple roles!ACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Management FrameworkNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure & Network Program Manager -Government BackgroundNSW
- FTEnterprise Database Manager - Defence - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - PeopleSoft HCM Global Payroll 9.1 -9.2 .NSW