Sprint and its new owner, SoftBank, hit the ground running on Thursday by announcing service plans that can include guaranteed talk, text and data for life.
Armed with the Nokia Lumia 1020's camera superiority in a crowded smartphone market dominated by Android and iOS, it appears that Nokia is helping Windows Phone instead of the other way around.
Vine, the trendy Twitter-owned mobile video app, is coming to the Windows Phone 8 operating system about six months after its initial launch on iOS.
A second vulnerability that can be exploited to modify legitimate Android apps without breaking their digital signatures has been identified and publicly documented.
Google's updated version of Maps finally started rolling out to Android smartphones and tablets this week. The interface has been overhauled to more closely match Google's new design norm.
Apps that provide turn-by-turn navigation on Windows Phone are at a premium, literally, as virtually all require either an up-front payment or a subscription. Nokia's Here Drive+ app is set to change all that.
Microsoft has doubled the support lifespan of Windows Phone 8 from 18 to 36 months and promised to release an enterprise-oriented "feature pack" for the mobile operating system in the first half of 2014.
At MobileBeat 2013, Samsung unveiled a prototype for a new smartphone with healthcare monitoring that features two fold-out panels that can change colors based on the mode the phone is in.
People might start seeing a lot more Instagram content across the Web -- the photo- and video-sharing app has just announced the introduction of Web embeds.
T-Mobile US will let its customers switch phones twice a year under a new service announced Wednesday, the company's latest move to set itself apart from its larger rivals.
Google is incorporating several new features into its Maps app on Android-powered devices -- which are also coming soon to iOS -- to make it easier to search and navigate using the service.
Peter Sunde, the co-founder of BitTorrent search engine The Pirate Bay, is working on developing a secure mobile messaging app and service that's intended to be safe from government surveillance and be user friendly at the same time.
Technical details and a proof-of-concept exploit have been published for a recently announced Android vulnerability that potentially affects millions of devices and allows attackers to turn legitimate apps into Trojan programs.
Clearwire shareholders approved Sprint Nextel's takeover of their company on Monday, ending a saga that had included years of uncertainty and finally a bidding war for the spectrum-rich wireless network operator.
The technology to implement Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE) is maturing, but mobile operators won't roll out telephony services in earnest until 2015. At the same time apps like Skype and Fring are growing quickly in popularity, according to Infonetics Resear...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- Samsung isn't giving up on Android Wear, it's just not making any new Android Wear watches
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW