The latest simulator for the upcoming Firefox mobile OS is aimed to please developers planning to sell applications.
Verizon Wireless became the first U.S. carrier to join the Ubuntu Carrier Advisory Group, but it is not clear whether it will eventually promote phones running the open-source Ubuntu OS on its network.
Sprint and its new owner, SoftBank, hit the ground running on Thursday by announcing service plans that can include guaranteed talk, text and data for life.
Armed with the Nokia Lumia 1020's camera superiority in a crowded smartphone market dominated by Android and iOS, it appears that Nokia is helping Windows Phone instead of the other way around.
Vine, the trendy Twitter-owned mobile video app, is coming to the Windows Phone 8 operating system about six months after its initial launch on iOS.
A second vulnerability that can be exploited to modify legitimate Android apps without breaking their digital signatures has been identified and publicly documented.
Google's updated version of Maps finally started rolling out to Android smartphones and tablets this week. The interface has been overhauled to more closely match Google's new design norm.
Apps that provide turn-by-turn navigation on Windows Phone are at a premium, literally, as virtually all require either an up-front payment or a subscription. Nokia's Here Drive+ app is set to change all that.
Microsoft has doubled the support lifespan of Windows Phone 8 from 18 to 36 months and promised to release an enterprise-oriented "feature pack" for the mobile operating system in the first half of 2014.
At MobileBeat 2013, Samsung unveiled a prototype for a new smartphone with healthcare monitoring that features two fold-out panels that can change colors based on the mode the phone is in.
People might start seeing a lot more Instagram content across the Web -- the photo- and video-sharing app has just announced the introduction of Web embeds.
T-Mobile US will let its customers switch phones twice a year under a new service announced Wednesday, the company's latest move to set itself apart from its larger rivals.
Google is incorporating several new features into its Maps app on Android-powered devices -- which are also coming soon to iOS -- to make it easier to search and navigate using the service.
Peter Sunde, the co-founder of BitTorrent search engine The Pirate Bay, is working on developing a secure mobile messaging app and service that's intended to be safe from government surveillance and be user friendly at the same time.
Technical details and a proof-of-concept exploit have been published for a recently announced Android vulnerability that potentially affects millions of devices and allows attackers to turn legitimate apps into Trojan programs.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Security SpecialistVIC
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- FTSystem Engineer - VirtulisationNSW
- CCUnix Developers - multipleACT
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerSA
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- FTIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCC ProgrammerACT
- FTIOS Developer (Permanent) Finance CBDNSW
- CCChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW