Linux Foundation and Limo Foundation are rebooting their efforts to compete with Apple and the Android camp by merging MeeGo and Limo into a new operating system called Tizen, with the backing of Intel and Samsung.
Facebook has an internal tool for developing mobile applications primarily using HTML5, which eventually should allow it to bring every feature of its Web platform onto mobile devices.
I was fortunate to sit down this morning with Microsoft's Paul Bryan, Windows Phone senior director of product management and enterprise experiences, to discuss the new software at the company's offices in Cambridge, Mass.
Microsoft began its Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango" update to smartphones globally at 1 p.m. ET Tuesday.
Open-source BI (business intelligence) vendor Jaspersoft is joining the ranks of companies adding support for Apple's wildly popular iPad.
Nokia has started shipping the N9, its first and last smartphone based on the MeeGo operating system, the company said on Tuesday.
The first two smartphones to run on T-Mobile's fast HSPA+42 network are coming soon, the operator announced Monday.
Oracle and Google will engage in another attempt to settle their lawsuit over alleged Java patent and copyright violations in the Android mobile OS.
KDDI, Japan's second-largest mobile operator, on Monday announced a new range of smartphones, accompanying services, and a low-cost pricing plan, but stayed mum on whether it would offer Apple's new iPhone next year.
LightSquared said late Sunday that it planned to run the next day in major newspapers in the U.S. an open letter explaining its position over the controversy surrounding its LTE (long-term evolution) network, particularly concerns about its interfere...
Two days of face-to-face mediation talks between Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and Google CEO Larry Page over the companies' Android mobile OS lawsuit have yet to result in a settlement, but the door is open for negotiations to continue, according to a do...
KDDI, which runs Japan's second-largest mobile carrier, will offer the iPhone 5 from early 2012, ending Softbank's monopoly of the device in Japan, the country's largest business newspaper reported Thursday.
Microsoft will begin delivering the new version of Windows Phone 7, code-named Mango, to its customers within the next two weeks, the company announced Wednesday.
Satellite-4G carrier LightSquared said Wednesday that gear to prevent interference between its network and precision GPS gear will cost US$50 to $300 per device and it is in talks with the U.S. government about covering the cost of upgrading or repla...
LightSquared said Wednesday it has an affordable solution to interference between its 4G network and GPS systems and will have working units available for tests planned by the U.S. government in the coming months.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Review: Asus ROG G752 OC Edition - Faster than many desktop gaming PCs
- Make a Wi-Fi gadget with a $9.99 Orange Pi development board
- Analysts laud and lance new Microsoft browser armor
- Should I drill a hole into my iPhone 7 to give it a headphone jack?
- Mediatek's developer board features a 10-core chip and Android 6.0
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW