LightSquared and a partner, Javad GNSS, showed off a filter and an antenna on Thursday that they said would solve the anticipated GPS interference problem that has plagued the carrier's plan to deploy an LTE network in frequencies near those used by ...
Quanta Computer, the Taiwanese contract computer manufacturer, is now the ninth company to license patents from Microsoft for its Android devices, the companies said Thursday.
Jumio plans to soon introduce a new kind of payment processing service that uses cellphones but doesn't require any additional hardware.
The legal battle between Apple and Samsung has reached fever pitch, with Apple getting an injunction to stop the sale of the Galaxy 10.1 tablet in Australia as Samsung launches new versions of its smartphones to keep them on sale in the Netherlands. ...
Research In Motion's president and co-CEO apologized to users Thursday for the service outages on the Blackberry network since Monday across a large swath of countries including the U.S. and Canada.
Research In Motion reported late Wednesday that email was operating, and BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) traffic was online and passing successfully in all regions where its service was previously affected.
Red Bend, which makes products for delivering over-the-air software updates, will soon offer a virtualization technology for Android devices that allows a user to have both a personal profile and a business profile on the same device.
As more companies allow employees to bring smartphones and tablets into work, Android device makers are building products and partnerships to secure them, and now Samsung is joining the fray.
Apple has released iOS 5, its hotly anticipated upgrade to the operating system that powers the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
iOS 5 is now available for download -- you might even be attempting to download it right now. Here's what you can expect from the new update.
Apple's major overhaul of its iOS operating system arrives today, but amidst the excitement comes a major concern: Will iOS 5 function properly on older model iPhones? Or will there be an added circle of bricked-iPhone hell comparable to what happene...
It took some time for push notifications to arrive on the iOS platform; they didn’t become a feature until the June 2009 release of what was then called iPhone 3.0. And it’s fair to say that, up until now, the feature hasn’t really been worth the wai...
Nokia Windows Phones were well-hidden during a tour of the company's phone-testing facility in San Diego, but they loomed large over the conversation.
Cadillac wants to let drivers have natural conversations with their cars and get physical feedback from a touchscreen in some models coming as soon as next year.
Microsoft and Nokia are wooing Symbian developers, offering them help in porting applications to Windows Phone ahead of the launch of the Finnish company's first smartphone based on Microsoft's platform.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- FTSystem Engineer - VirtulisationNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsVIC
- CCProject Manager-accommodation strategy and ABW implementationNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTProject Manager - Security Operations CentreVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC