The National Transportation Safety Board in the U.S. plans to drop the BlackBerry smartphone from Research In Motion for Apple's iPhone, citing performance issues.
Phase one of a patent trial between Microsoft and Motorola Mobility has concluded in Washington state, and the presiding judge will now try to calculate what he thinks is a fair royalty rate for Motorola's patents.
If you're like me, you're well used to navigating the world with a GPS mapping app on your smartphone. But have you ever given a thought to the work that goes into getting all that information into the map? It's a lot more than just photographing str...
Nokia's new Here Maps for iPhone and iPad launched in the App Store Monday, the latest offering in the flood of navigation apps trying to take advantage of widespread dissatisfaction with Apple's new native Maps app that, in iOS 6, replaced Google as...
In the first U.S. implementation of smartphone ticketing for train passengers, Boston commuters can purchase and display tickets using the mTicket application for iOS and Android smartphones.
Sony has released the first public version of software to create games for PlayStation Mobile, its gaming platform for third-party phones and tablets.
China's largest search engine Baidu said on Monday the company would provide 30GB of free cloud storage to Android devices built with certain Qualcomm chips, in what's the latest move by the company to carve out a presence in the country's mobile ser...
NTT DoCoMo, Japan's largest mobile provider, said Friday it will soon launch the world's first femtocells to support both 3G and LTE networks.
A court in California has allowed Samsung Electronics to include Apple's iPhone 5 among the products alleged to have infringed its patents, while also allowing Apple to amend its infringement contentions to include the Jelly Bean operating system and...
The initial public offering of Ruckus Wireless, set for Friday, will highlight the growing importance of Wi-Fi in mobile networks as service providers try to meet the demands of smartphone and tablet users.
It already sells phones and tablets, provides a wealth of online services and has been laying high-speed fiber to people's homes. Now Google is apparently considering a wireless network service as well.
Don't expect HP to have a change of heart about building Windows RT devices anytime soon.
Brightcove's native plug-in architecture for its App Cloud and Application Craft's launch of Mobile Build are the latest examples of how cross-platform development tools for mobile apps are becoming increasingly cloud-centric.
Cisco Systems and Qualcomm are putting their considerable wireless weight behind a system to make it easier for retail stores and other venues to offer information to visitors over Wi-Fi.
Nokia dropped to seventh place in the global smartphone market in the third quarter, as Samsung and Apple controlled 46.5 per cent of the market, according to Gartner.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- Samsung isn't giving up on Android Wear, it's just not making any new Android Wear watches
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCBusiness Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW