At the ripe old age of 20, text messaging is still a popular way to communicate, but there are signs that its best days are behind it.
In the fast moving world of technology, there are perhaps few things that have proved as resistant to change as the simple SMS text message.
Showing that it's serious about quickly phasing out its venerable iDEN network and traditional push-to-talk service, Sprint Nextel now plans to charge all subscribers on that system an extra US$10 per month beginning Jan. 1.
A plan by a satellite carrier to make better use of its spectrum could open up an extra channel for Wi-Fi in the U.S., though how and when consumers would get to use it isn't yet clear.
Research In Motion has introduced the BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, a smartphone developers can use to test their applications and get ready for the launch of the BlackBerry 10 QWERTY device next year. The company also said developers will be able to trade...
Microsoft's next OS update for Windows Phone 7 handsets won't be available until sometime in 2013.
The largest European mobile operators are joining forces to launch their own instant messaging and content sharing applications under the "joyn" brand as they try to claw back some of traffic lost to Internet services.
A Dutch court has banned sales of Samsung Electronics' Galaxy products that infringe on an Apple patent describing a way to scroll through a photo gallery using a touchscreen.
Microsoft plans to issue an over-the-air fix next month for a problem that has caused some Windows Phone 8 handsets to reboot themselves unexpectedly.
Nokia has asked a California court to enforce an arbitration award that would prevent Research In Motion from selling products with wireless LAN capabilities until the companies can agree on patent royalty rates.
Soaring iPhone 5 sales in the U.S. have helped make iOS the top smartphone operating system in the country, edging out Android, according to market research firm Kantar Worldpanel ComTech.
Telecommunications equipment vendor Ericsson has asked a U.S. court to block sales of a variety of Samsung Electronics cameras, Blu-ray Disc players, televisions and phones, including the Galaxy S III and the Galaxy Note II, alleging that they infrin...
The combination smartphone-tablet Samsung Galaxy Note II has proven more popular than analysts had expected.
The long-awaited update to Windows Phone 7 appears to be close to a prime time rollout.
Nokia has launched a new version of its Transport application, which presents directions in a new way and counts down to when the bus or train will leave.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Nissan, Renault tout plans to make 10 autonomous vehicles by 2020
- Apple releases watchOS 3.1 update
- Apple Watch Nike+ hits the ground running on Oct. 28
- Portrait Camera now available for iPhone 7 as Apple releases iOS 10.1 update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCFront End Developer with Django or Rails exp.NSW
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - 12 month contract, ASAP startVIC
- FTERP Technical Consultant (Dynamics AX)QLD
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- CCProject Manager - DigitisationQLD
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceNSW
- TPSenior Helpdesk OfficerACT
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Capital TradingNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant SydneyNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW