A home improvement retail chain can use an app running on an iPad to help design a customer's home, check inventory for the products, give a cost estimate to the customer, and take orders.
Push-to-talk, once the killer app of Nextel's iDEN network and more recently a feature offered on certain Sprint Nextel phones, has finally made the transformation into a downloadable Android app called Sprint Direct Connect Now.
Samsung Telecommunications America has upgraded the TecTile application, which programs NFC stickers to automate functions on its smartphones.
Samsung's Galaxy devices don't infringe on an Apple multitouch patent that describes technology that prevents smartphone users from pushing two on-screen buttons at the same time, the Court of the Hague ruled on Wednesday. The technique used in Andro...
The new 7.9-in. iPad mini will be a huge hit with business users as well as consumers, according to several industry analysts.
The Lumia 510 is Nokia's new entry-level Windows Phone, priced at about US$199 excluding taxes and subsidies and due to be released in November, the company said on Tuesday.
One of the seven patents at the heart of Apple's US$1.05 billion lawsuit against Samsung Electronics has been tentatively rejected by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), according to documents filed by Samsung with a Californian court late ...
DeNA, a major mobile platform operator based in Japan, on Tuesday announced a new international calling service for smartphones.
Over 17,600 users in U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE) are being moved from their BlackBerry devices to Apple's iPhone, after it was found that technology from Research In Motion cannot meet the mobile technology needs of the agency, accor...
Oracle is augmenting its Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) to allow developers to create mobile applications for Apple and Android devices.
India's auction of mobile spectrum has not attracted new foreign investors, reflecting growing uncertainty about investment policies in the country and the growth potential of its mobile market.
Motorola Solutions has unveiled a head-mounted, voice-controlled computer that's targeted at the military and other industries where workers need hands-free access to information.
Apple's much-maligned iPhone exclusivity agreement with AT&T Mobility, started in 2007 but now ended, is once again the target of a class-action suit.
Mobile payments with Google Wallet are growing fast, but the road to wide acceptance of NFC in the US will be slow, the head of Google's payments unit said Friday.
Chinese handset maker Xiaomi, which has built up an enthusiastic following in its home market by undercutting rivals' prices and while only selling online, plans to try exporting its disruptive business model to other Asian markets by the end of this...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge pricing: Vodafone vs Optus vs Telstra vs Virgin
- Smaller, lower-priced Microsoft Surface 3 tablet coming in May
- In a haystack of data, Alation helps find the needle
- Apigee aims to unify IoT with APIs
- EPIC appeals to court for FAA drone privacy rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW