Bank of America will extend its mobile payments service to small retailers in December, allowing them to use smartphones and tablets as point-of-sale terminals.
Anyone who finds it hard to believe that the average U.S. mobile subscriber sent 696 text messages per month in the second quarter of this year may be relieved to know that this figure fell to 678 per month in the third quarter.
Research In Motion will launch BlackBerry 10 and the two first smartphones based on the operating system on Jan. 30, the company said on Monday.
Microsoft has made a preview version of Skype for Windows Phone 8 available for download, which promises better integration with the operating system' user interface and more features.
AT&T has reversed its decision to allow Apple iPhone and iPad owners to use Apple's FaceTime videoconferencing application only on the carrier's most expensive data plans or if they are connected to Wi-Fi.
Respondents largely opted for tablets over PCs in a survey asking which computer they had on their holiday wish list.
Federal initiatives to make more spectrum available for mobile services are likely to take off running after President Barack Obama's re-election on Tuesday, a member of a presidential technology commission said.
MasterCard is testing new ways to make online transactions more secure with its PayPass application and a mobile phone, including using QR codes to secure the transactions.
Just as mobile operators start to get their networks back up in most areas affected by Hurricane Sandy last week, another storm is heading for the region that was hardest hit.
Microsoft will provide information about the location and quality of free Wi-Fi hotspots in Windows Phone 8 so users can find the best nearby networks.
Nextel, an upstart mobile operator formed in the 1990s that attracted a loyal following in construction and other trades, looks set to disappear after Japan's Softbank buys 70 percent of Sprint Nextel.
Gartner report that 1.2 billion smart devices will be purchased in 2013, breaking the 1 billion mark for the first time.
Since Apple announced its iPad 4 and iPad mini, trade-ins of older iPad models have shot up by 500 percent as consumers look to recycle tablets to upgrade.
Given Android's ubiquity today, it's almost hard to believe that it has only been around a few years.
Microsoft has confirmed what many had suspected, that it didn't offer a 16GB Surface RT tablet because there would have been virtually no room for customer content on the device.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- EFF questions US government's software flaw disclosure policy
- Seagate Seven portable hard drive (500GB)
- US trade body to investigate Apple after Ericsson complaints
- With Tidal relaunch, Jay Z doubles down on streaming for audiophiles
- Silk Road investigators charged with stealing bitcoin
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW