Ever since the iPhone debuted in 2007, Microsoft has struggled to adapt to the quickly changing smartphone world--and company Chairman Bill Gates knows it.
Cisco's long-anticipated entry into cellular base stations will come at Mobile World Congress next week, along with the company's familiar promise of an end-to-end architecture.
Adding small cells to mobile networks made up of full-sized base stations should help to fuel more voice and data calls, but outdoors, linking those dispersed cells to wired networks presents its own problems.
Tizen, the open-source project backed by Intel and Samsung Electronics, has released to software developers and device makers the software development kit and source code for a new version of its operating system.
Orange hopes to increase smartphone use among seniors with the Fujitsu Stylistic S01, which uses a number of technologies to make the phone a better fit for users who are over 65 years old.
HTC and Nokia are separately expected to announce super-high-quality cameras in new smartphones expected to be unveiled the next week.
LG Electronics revealed its new Optimus G Pro on Monday, marketing it as a direct challenge to Samsung Electronics' successful Galaxy Note 2.
Browser developer Opera Software will acquire Skyfire Labs, which develops technology to speed video delivery over mobile networks, the companies said Friday.
Danish toy company Lego and 3D design company Autodesk want to make it easier for tech-savvy children to build complicated robots by introducing 3D software that shows every step in the building process.
Google is rolling out some enhancements to Google Now, a mobile app that gives Android users personalized information on the fly. The changes could help make the tool a bigger part of people's daily lives.
Global smartphone sales skyrocketed by 38 per cent in the fourth quarter year over year. Meanwhile, Samsung ended 2012 in the top position for both smartphone sales and overall mobile phone sales, Gartner reported.
Apple sold more phones in Japan than any other manufacturer last year, rising above local manufacturers for the first time, according to a research firm.
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer thinks there are problems with checking email on a smartphone, but her company is working on a solution.
Yahoo is bidding to strengthen its presence in the increasingly important mobile space with the acquisition of Alike, a location discovery app.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- CC.Net Developer Application DesignerACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (HTML/PC LAN/XML) 160711/ITA/692Asia
- CCUI/UX DesignerNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- CCIT Business Analyst- Infrastructure, BABOK- Government BackgrndNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Temporary Fixed TermQLD
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW