Google is rolling out some enhancements to Google Now, a mobile app that gives Android users personalized information on the fly. The changes could help make the tool a bigger part of people's daily lives.
Global smartphone sales skyrocketed by 38 per cent in the fourth quarter year over year. Meanwhile, Samsung ended 2012 in the top position for both smartphone sales and overall mobile phone sales, Gartner reported.
Apple sold more phones in Japan than any other manufacturer last year, rising above local manufacturers for the first time, according to a research firm.
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer thinks there are problems with checking email on a smartphone, but her company is working on a solution.
Yahoo is bidding to strengthen its presence in the increasingly important mobile space with the acquisition of Alike, a location discovery app.
BlackBerry is getting closer to shipping a red, limited edition version of the Z10 to selected developers who have created applications for its new BlackBerry 10 OS.
Nokia said Tuesday it filed letters of objection in India to protest actions by the country's income tax authorities, including a raid on its factory, which it claimed ran counter to domestic laws and international standards.
Microsoft will support its Surface Pro tablet until July 2017, or almost four-and-a-half years after its launch last weekend, the company's website confirmed.
The Tokyo government has posted nearly 300 NFC location tags around the upscale Ginza shopping district and released an Android app to interact with them as part of an experiment to help guide shoppers.
The newly rechristened BlackBerry delivered on its promise to breathe new life into an aging, iconic product line, but it still faces an uphill battle in a market dominated by Apple's iPhone and devices based on Google's Android operating system.
Mobile engineers have successfully demonstrated the handoff of a voice call from LTE to 3G, a capability that may prove critical in carriers' plans to put voice on their new, fast data networks.
Multiple users on Apple's iPhone support forum are reporting big drops in battery life after upgrading their handsets to version 6.1 of the iOS operating system.
Forget fumbling with cash and credit cards; smartphones have long been seen as a way to make in store purchases faster and easier. But several challenges need to be overcome before the technology takes off.
Using a smartphone to pay for purchases in lieu of a physical debit or credit card may become a $US1 trillion business by 2015, and some ancillary technologies for consumer engagement could help to make that happen.
The head of IBM's mainframe group is looking to bring mobile and social workloads into the platform in another move that would help the mainframe stay relevant and fend off competition from lower-cost systems.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD