Yahoo is bidding to strengthen its presence in the increasingly important mobile space with the acquisition of Alike, a location discovery app.
BlackBerry is getting closer to shipping a red, limited edition version of the Z10 to selected developers who have created applications for its new BlackBerry 10 OS.
Nokia said Tuesday it filed letters of objection in India to protest actions by the country's income tax authorities, including a raid on its factory, which it claimed ran counter to domestic laws and international standards.
Microsoft will support its Surface Pro tablet until July 2017, or almost four-and-a-half years after its launch last weekend, the company's website confirmed.
The Tokyo government has posted nearly 300 NFC location tags around the upscale Ginza shopping district and released an Android app to interact with them as part of an experiment to help guide shoppers.
The newly rechristened BlackBerry delivered on its promise to breathe new life into an aging, iconic product line, but it still faces an uphill battle in a market dominated by Apple's iPhone and devices based on Google's Android operating system.
Mobile engineers have successfully demonstrated the handoff of a voice call from LTE to 3G, a capability that may prove critical in carriers' plans to put voice on their new, fast data networks.
Multiple users on Apple's iPhone support forum are reporting big drops in battery life after upgrading their handsets to version 6.1 of the iOS operating system.
Forget fumbling with cash and credit cards; smartphones have long been seen as a way to make in store purchases faster and easier. But several challenges need to be overcome before the technology takes off.
Using a smartphone to pay for purchases in lieu of a physical debit or credit card may become a $US1 trillion business by 2015, and some ancillary technologies for consumer engagement could help to make that happen.
The head of IBM's mainframe group is looking to bring mobile and social workloads into the platform in another move that would help the mainframe stay relevant and fend off competition from lower-cost systems.
Smartphones running the open source Ubuntu operating system will start shipping in October, although it isn't clear if they will be available in the U.S., according to a report.
Twitter has pushed out an update to its mobile app that has a new search tool intended to make it easier for users to find relevant content.
BlackBerry says launch sales of its new BlackBerry 10 handsets in Canada and the UK have beaten previous company records, but it isn't releasing actual sales figures.
If that computer company he's buying doesn't work out, Michael Dell has another bet going: TV stations.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- New service helps pull data into AWS from the Internet of Things
- Zendesk tool taps machine learning to nip customer-service problems in the bud
- Amazon launches QuickSight business intelligence service
- Microsoft expands FastTrack service to aid Office 365 migration for businesses
- Verizon will use its mobile supercookie to target customers with AOL ads
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW