Nokia has expanded its Lumia portfolio with the 520 and 720. The Lumia 520 is the company's cheapest Windows phone to date at €139 (US$184), and comes as the company is under pressure to increase sales volumes.
Trend Micro is adding the often confusing world of Facebook privacy settings to a new version of its flagship security software.
Nokia Siemens Networks will expand the role of cellular base stations with a new platform that will store and deliver some application data locally, while tapping into information about subscribers and traffic to improve the process.
Mozilla previewed the first commercial build of its Firefox OS and announced several operator and smartphone rollout plans on Sunday at Mobile World Congress.
PayPal will introduce a mobile chip-and-PIN version of its payments service in Europe, starting with a selection of U.K. businesses over the coming months.
Intel has acquired appMobi's HTML5 developer tools division and hired its tools-related technical staff, to likely boost its presence in the mobile apps developer market.
ZTE smartphones based on Firefox OS along with Nokia's new Windows Phone-based devices will share the spotlight at this year's Mobile World Congress with next-generation network technologies that offer higher download speeds and help operators combat...
They are probably the biggest cellphone makers most people have never heard of. Despite ranking third and fourth in the global smartphone market in the fourth quarter, mention Huawei and ZTE to many Americans or Europeans and you're likely to be met ...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has taken the first step toward an expansion of the spectrum available for Wi-Fi, with the agency launching a rulemaking proceeding to open new parts of the 5GHz spectrum to unlicensed uses.
Broadcom says it's invented a chip that can tell your phone where you are all the time without quickly draining your battery.
Europe's Digital Agenda Commissioner has revealed plans to develop the technical conditions for wireless broadband in the 700 MHz band.
More than 85,000 people have signed a Whitehouse.gov petition asking U.S. President Barack Obama to reverse a decision by the Library of Congress making the unlocking of mobile phones illegal under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
The suppliers of mobile carrier networks are still thinking small when it comes to making speeds fast and signals strong, and this year's Mobile World Congress next week will again host introductions of Wi-Fi access points and small cellular base sta...
HTC has announced its new flagship HTC One smartphone, which HTC Americas President Mike Woodward dubbed "the best phone ever made."
Ever since the iPhone debuted in 2007, Microsoft has struggled to adapt to the quickly changing smartphone world--and company Chairman Bill Gates knows it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 11 Easy tips to keep yourself and your children safe online
- The Division review
- Need for Speed PC Review
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer, Renewable ContractAsia
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCDeployment Project EngineerNSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCBusiness Analyst (Sharepoint, CRM, MS Dynamics)ACT
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT