Japan's Softbank will soon launch a new service around small GPS trackers that it will rent out to customers for a monthly fee.
After spending the past six months talking about prioritizing its business around mobile platforms, Facebook says it's time to get down to business.
U.S. President Barack Obama's administration has sided with more than 100,000 petition signers who asked the government to legalize the unlocking of smartphones.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has begun a test run of a Google database of unused spectrum in the television bands that's available for wireless broadband.
BlackBerry has started rolling out the first software update for its flagship Z10 smartphone.
The Mobile World Congress exhibition in Barcelona closed its doors on Thursday, with a sudden rain shower sending the last attendees scurrying off to their hotels. It's been a gargantuan affair that saw pretty much everyone who is anything in the mob...
The idea that the technology behind search is a done deal is far from the truth, according to Google, as the company appears to still have plenty of tricks up its sleeve to improve it.
There has to be a sea change in how mobile operators build their networks and implement new services, and virtualization will make it possible, carriers and equipment vendors say.
This year's MWC may have been lacking in high-end smartphone launches, but the "W" stands for "world" and lower-cost models shown this week are needed to open up the mobile-phone market to more people globally.
A version of LTE that could give consumers more mobile bandwidth for downloading content or apps is moving from the margins to the mainstream at Mobile World Congress this week.
Facebook has blocked Vintage Camera, an Instagram-like photo app, from accessing its API (application programming interface). The move follows the recent blocking of other apps by the social networking giant.
Sony Mobile will provide an experimental version of the Firefox OS on one of its smartphones so that advanced developers can try it out and start working on applications.
Nokia Siemens Networks says it can prevent LTE base stations from getting overloaded while extra capacity in nearby cells goes to waste, even if the cells use different types of spectrum.
Mobile operators are passionate about the Tizen OS, but it appears there's a lot of work to do before the smartphones running it will go on sale later this year.
Google is making it easier for app developers to connect with users on its social network through Google+ Sign-In, a new feature that allows people to sign into third-party apps using their Google+ credentials.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Review: Asus ROG G752 OC Edition - Faster than many desktop gaming PCs
- Make a Wi-Fi gadget with a $9.99 Orange Pi development board
- Analysts laud and lance new Microsoft browser armor
- Should I drill a hole into my iPhone 7 to give it a headphone jack?
- Mediatek's developer board features a 10-core chip and Android 6.0
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC