Faster Web browsing and lower data use might be on the cards for Android mobile phone users if they download a new version of the Chrome Web browser offered by Google.
Google on Tuesday pushed out an update for its Maps iPhone app designed to make it easier for users to search for local businesses and contacts in their address book.
Fraunhofer Institute for Secure Information Technology (SIT) has taken the concept of using NFC-equipped smartphones as keys one step further by allowing access rights to be shared.
Japan's Softbank will soon launch a new service around small GPS trackers that it will rent out to customers for a monthly fee.
After spending the past six months talking about prioritizing its business around mobile platforms, Facebook says it's time to get down to business.
U.S. President Barack Obama's administration has sided with more than 100,000 petition signers who asked the government to legalize the unlocking of smartphones.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has begun a test run of a Google database of unused spectrum in the television bands that's available for wireless broadband.
BlackBerry has started rolling out the first software update for its flagship Z10 smartphone.
The Mobile World Congress exhibition in Barcelona closed its doors on Thursday, with a sudden rain shower sending the last attendees scurrying off to their hotels. It's been a gargantuan affair that saw pretty much everyone who is anything in the mob...
The idea that the technology behind search is a done deal is far from the truth, according to Google, as the company appears to still have plenty of tricks up its sleeve to improve it.
There has to be a sea change in how mobile operators build their networks and implement new services, and virtualization will make it possible, carriers and equipment vendors say.
This year's MWC may have been lacking in high-end smartphone launches, but the "W" stands for "world" and lower-cost models shown this week are needed to open up the mobile-phone market to more people globally.
A version of LTE that could give consumers more mobile bandwidth for downloading content or apps is moving from the margins to the mainstream at Mobile World Congress this week.
Facebook has blocked Vintage Camera, an Instagram-like photo app, from accessing its API (application programming interface). The move follows the recent blocking of other apps by the social networking giant.
Sony Mobile will provide an experimental version of the Firefox OS on one of its smartphones so that advanced developers can try it out and start working on applications.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Asus' popular 144Hz gaming monitor has dropped to $205
- Intel Optane Memory has a mission: Make hard drives faster than SSDs
- 10 powerful, obscure Windows keyboard shortcuts you should know
- Microsoft's Docs.com is sharing dangerously sensitive personal files and information
- Meet PC Building Simulator, a DIY teaching tool that could be the novice's best friend
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Health experience requiredNSW
- TPDeployment Support - NSWNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst (Level 1 Support)NSW
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- TPJunior Software DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTReporting Analyst - HR / PayrollNSW
- TPInfrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Accounting SoftwareNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- FTBusiness Change Lead, OrganisationalNSW
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorVIC
- CCTest Manager with PV Security ClearanceACT
- CCUser Researcher/Business AnalysisACT
- TPSenior Communications EngineerWA
- CC.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- TPSystems Analyst - WHS ImplementationNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistVIC
- FTSalesforce Marketing Cloud ConsultantVIC
- CCEnterprise/Solution ArchitectNSW