Japan's Softbank will soon launch a new service around small GPS trackers that it will rent out to customers for a monthly fee.
After spending the past six months talking about prioritizing its business around mobile platforms, Facebook says it's time to get down to business.
U.S. President Barack Obama's administration has sided with more than 100,000 petition signers who asked the government to legalize the unlocking of smartphones.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has begun a test run of a Google database of unused spectrum in the television bands that's available for wireless broadband.
BlackBerry has started rolling out the first software update for its flagship Z10 smartphone.
The Mobile World Congress exhibition in Barcelona closed its doors on Thursday, with a sudden rain shower sending the last attendees scurrying off to their hotels. It's been a gargantuan affair that saw pretty much everyone who is anything in the mob...
The idea that the technology behind search is a done deal is far from the truth, according to Google, as the company appears to still have plenty of tricks up its sleeve to improve it.
There has to be a sea change in how mobile operators build their networks and implement new services, and virtualization will make it possible, carriers and equipment vendors say.
This year's MWC may have been lacking in high-end smartphone launches, but the "W" stands for "world" and lower-cost models shown this week are needed to open up the mobile-phone market to more people globally.
A version of LTE that could give consumers more mobile bandwidth for downloading content or apps is moving from the margins to the mainstream at Mobile World Congress this week.
Facebook has blocked Vintage Camera, an Instagram-like photo app, from accessing its API (application programming interface). The move follows the recent blocking of other apps by the social networking giant.
Sony Mobile will provide an experimental version of the Firefox OS on one of its smartphones so that advanced developers can try it out and start working on applications.
Nokia Siemens Networks says it can prevent LTE base stations from getting overloaded while extra capacity in nearby cells goes to waste, even if the cells use different types of spectrum.
Mobile operators are passionate about the Tizen OS, but it appears there's a lot of work to do before the smartphones running it will go on sale later this year.
Google is making it easier for app developers to connect with users on its social network through Google+ Sign-In, a new feature that allows people to sign into third-party apps using their Google+ credentials.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
- By 2020, you'll say more to a machine than to your spouse
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- CCIT Data AnalystACT
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia