Japan's Softbank will soon launch a new service around small GPS trackers that it will rent out to customers for a monthly fee.
After spending the past six months talking about prioritizing its business around mobile platforms, Facebook says it's time to get down to business.
U.S. President Barack Obama's administration has sided with more than 100,000 petition signers who asked the government to legalize the unlocking of smartphones.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has begun a test run of a Google database of unused spectrum in the television bands that's available for wireless broadband.
BlackBerry has started rolling out the first software update for its flagship Z10 smartphone.
The Mobile World Congress exhibition in Barcelona closed its doors on Thursday, with a sudden rain shower sending the last attendees scurrying off to their hotels. It's been a gargantuan affair that saw pretty much everyone who is anything in the mob...
The idea that the technology behind search is a done deal is far from the truth, according to Google, as the company appears to still have plenty of tricks up its sleeve to improve it.
There has to be a sea change in how mobile operators build their networks and implement new services, and virtualization will make it possible, carriers and equipment vendors say.
This year's MWC may have been lacking in high-end smartphone launches, but the "W" stands for "world" and lower-cost models shown this week are needed to open up the mobile-phone market to more people globally.
A version of LTE that could give consumers more mobile bandwidth for downloading content or apps is moving from the margins to the mainstream at Mobile World Congress this week.
Facebook has blocked Vintage Camera, an Instagram-like photo app, from accessing its API (application programming interface). The move follows the recent blocking of other apps by the social networking giant.
Sony Mobile will provide an experimental version of the Firefox OS on one of its smartphones so that advanced developers can try it out and start working on applications.
Nokia Siemens Networks says it can prevent LTE base stations from getting overloaded while extra capacity in nearby cells goes to waste, even if the cells use different types of spectrum.
Mobile operators are passionate about the Tizen OS, but it appears there's a lot of work to do before the smartphones running it will go on sale later this year.
Google is making it easier for app developers to connect with users on its social network through Google+ Sign-In, a new feature that allows people to sign into third-party apps using their Google+ credentials.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCSystem EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- TPProject Coordinator - IT Projects - State GovernmentVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer / Systems Engineer (January 2017 Start)QLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- CCWintel Server SupportACT
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)NSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTJava / API DeveloperVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- CCProject Coordinator / Specialist / Analyst - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCData Quality AnalystNSW
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsNSW
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceWA
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- FTTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW