U.S. President Barack Obama's administration has sided with more than 100,000 petition signers who asked the government to legalize the unlocking of smartphones.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has begun a test run of a Google database of unused spectrum in the television bands that's available for wireless broadband.
BlackBerry has started rolling out the first software update for its flagship Z10 smartphone.
The Mobile World Congress exhibition in Barcelona closed its doors on Thursday, with a sudden rain shower sending the last attendees scurrying off to their hotels. It's been a gargantuan affair that saw pretty much everyone who is anything in the mob...
The idea that the technology behind search is a done deal is far from the truth, according to Google, as the company appears to still have plenty of tricks up its sleeve to improve it.
There has to be a sea change in how mobile operators build their networks and implement new services, and virtualization will make it possible, carriers and equipment vendors say.
This year's MWC may have been lacking in high-end smartphone launches, but the "W" stands for "world" and lower-cost models shown this week are needed to open up the mobile-phone market to more people globally.
A version of LTE that could give consumers more mobile bandwidth for downloading content or apps is moving from the margins to the mainstream at Mobile World Congress this week.
Facebook has blocked Vintage Camera, an Instagram-like photo app, from accessing its API (application programming interface). The move follows the recent blocking of other apps by the social networking giant.
Sony Mobile will provide an experimental version of the Firefox OS on one of its smartphones so that advanced developers can try it out and start working on applications.
Nokia Siemens Networks says it can prevent LTE base stations from getting overloaded while extra capacity in nearby cells goes to waste, even if the cells use different types of spectrum.
Mobile operators are passionate about the Tizen OS, but it appears there's a lot of work to do before the smartphones running it will go on sale later this year.
Google is making it easier for app developers to connect with users on its social network through Google+ Sign-In, a new feature that allows people to sign into third-party apps using their Google+ credentials.
Finnish company Jolla and its CEO Marc Dillon are hoping to convince consumers that buying a new smartphone isn't just about the number of cores available and the size of the screen when the company later this year releases the first smartphone based...
Toshiba plans to add something new to the tiny cameras in smartphones -- depth.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
- Galaxy Note 6 rumors hint at IR autofocus, USB-C connectivity, new Snapdragon SoC
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare goes full sci-fi with space-based gunfights
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia