They are probably the biggest cellphone makers most people have never heard of. Despite ranking third and fourth in the global smartphone market in the fourth quarter, mention Huawei and ZTE to many Americans or Europeans and you're likely to be met ...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has taken the first step toward an expansion of the spectrum available for Wi-Fi, with the agency launching a rulemaking proceeding to open new parts of the 5GHz spectrum to unlicensed uses.
Broadcom says it's invented a chip that can tell your phone where you are all the time without quickly draining your battery.
Europe's Digital Agenda Commissioner has revealed plans to develop the technical conditions for wireless broadband in the 700 MHz band.
More than 85,000 people have signed a Whitehouse.gov petition asking U.S. President Barack Obama to reverse a decision by the Library of Congress making the unlocking of mobile phones illegal under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
The suppliers of mobile carrier networks are still thinking small when it comes to making speeds fast and signals strong, and this year's Mobile World Congress next week will again host introductions of Wi-Fi access points and small cellular base sta...
HTC has announced its new flagship HTC One smartphone, which HTC Americas President Mike Woodward dubbed "the best phone ever made."
Ever since the iPhone debuted in 2007, Microsoft has struggled to adapt to the quickly changing smartphone world--and company Chairman Bill Gates knows it.
Cisco's long-anticipated entry into cellular base stations will come at Mobile World Congress next week, along with the company's familiar promise of an end-to-end architecture.
Adding small cells to mobile networks made up of full-sized base stations should help to fuel more voice and data calls, but outdoors, linking those dispersed cells to wired networks presents its own problems.
Tizen, the open-source project backed by Intel and Samsung Electronics, has released to software developers and device makers the software development kit and source code for a new version of its operating system.
Orange hopes to increase smartphone use among seniors with the Fujitsu Stylistic S01, which uses a number of technologies to make the phone a better fit for users who are over 65 years old.
HTC and Nokia are separately expected to announce super-high-quality cameras in new smartphones expected to be unveiled the next week.
LG Electronics revealed its new Optimus G Pro on Monday, marketing it as a direct challenge to Samsung Electronics' successful Galaxy Note 2.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW