But Moto’s brand new wonder phone is almost a year old already
High-end performance from a mid-priced phone
Sony's entire Xperia X series is outclassed by the current market and even it's own previous range
Over ear headphones you could spend a whole day wearing in quiet comfort
Apple Keynote review: This app remains a work in progress
mobile in pictures
Once again, Google I/O was held at the Moscone Center in downtown San Francisco, May 28 and 29. As Google's annual confab for third-party developers, engineers from across the world attended the show to hear about Google's latest products and services. This year, Google revealed, among other services, Android Pay, a new way to purchase items in brick-and-mortar stores using Android smartphones; a developer preview of "M," the next version of the Android operating system; Brillo, a new OS based on Android to control devices in the home and let them talk to each other; and a new photo sharing app called Google Photos.
Heading out on the road? Be sure you have these critical business apps on your Android device
Googles LG-made Nexus is a powerhouse. Here's a first look at the latest entry in the company's Nexus line.
Share, save and savor all things social with these nine free Google Android apps, hand-picked by CIO.com's mobile maestro, Al Sacco.
The flagship HTC U Ultra phone represents a bold new direction for HTC—one that doesn't include a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Canada has recalled over 21,900 Galaxy Note7 smartphones after receiving a report of the overheating of the battery of one phone.
A quick comparison of Sony's mid-ranger and high-ender.
How Microsoft is building on widespread approval of Windows 10 to entice developers to develop on its platform.
"New vendors would be well-advised not to rest on their laurels..."
Weddings. Job promotions. News articles. Facebook thinks it knows what the best stories are to drop in your news feed. But some users might want to see things their own way.
Running late for a meet up with friends or an appointment? Share a location securely and for a limited time period with smartphone application Glympse. It's a free download for Android, iOS, Windows Phone and BlackBerry.
Using your smartphone or tablet to control your Tivo box is easy and offers a lot of flexibility in recording shows and channel surfing.
Struggling to read small text on your iPad mini? There's a fix for that.
I'm a big fan of working at offsite locations--meaning my local Wi-Fi-equipped coffee shop. In fact, I'll often spend the afternoon hunkered down at Panera Bread, iced tea in one hand and a French Toast bagel in the other. (It's bad form to set up sh...
You can pay an exorbitant amount for a phone. But the top-end iPhones and Samsungs really don’t do much that half-priced alternatives can’t match. In some instances the cheaper options are actually better! We’ve reviewed most of the market lately and...
What happens when you delete a file? Unknown to most, deleted data from a mobile phone can still be shared with others if not appropriately managed. In a worst-case scenario, this could end up in the hands of a hacker or e-criminal, and used against ...
If you’ve not seen it, the new Pokemon Go mobile game lets you walk around town interacting with local landmarks via your phone’s screen. You’ll likely find plaques, artworks and other local facts about where you live and work that you never knew exi...
Ditch the dual-phone hassle by assigning yourself a second phone number, complete with texting and other services.
“With each generation the company makes measured, incremental technology improvements to its iPhone line, and this time around those changes are increasing Apple’s per-unit material cost.”
Videos about mobile
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- This $450 Core i5 laptop from HP costs less new than used
- AMD bundles Ashes of the Singularity with FX processors ahead of Ryzen's launch
- AT&T jumps on the unlimited data bandwagon with $100 per month plan
- Apple may cut the (charging) cord completely with the iPhone 8
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior .Net Developer with Silverlight proficiencyVIC
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- TPAgile CoachNSW
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPChange AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Database AdministratorVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTPMO Specialist - PermanentACT
- TP.Net DeveloperSA
- TPTechnical ConsultantNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTCustomer Support ManagerSA
- CCCloud Security Solutions Architect - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC
- TPFront End DeveloperWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- TPImplementation Business Partner - Business ModernisationNSW
- CCDemand/ Resource AnalystVIC
- TPChange and Communications CoordinatorQLD
- TPService Desk Analyst - Level 1VIC
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD