But Moto’s brand new wonder phone is almost a year old already
High-end performance from a mid-priced phone
Sony's entire Xperia X series is outclassed by the current market and even it's own previous range
Over ear headphones you could spend a whole day wearing in quiet comfort
Apple Keynote review: This app remains a work in progress
mobile in pictures
Once again, Google I/O was held at the Moscone Center in downtown San Francisco, May 28 and 29. As Google's annual confab for third-party developers, engineers from across the world attended the show to hear about Google's latest products and services. This year, Google revealed, among other services, Android Pay, a new way to purchase items in brick-and-mortar stores using Android smartphones; a developer preview of "M," the next version of the Android operating system; Brillo, a new OS based on Android to control devices in the home and let them talk to each other; and a new photo sharing app called Google Photos.
Heading out on the road? Be sure you have these critical business apps on your Android device
Googles LG-made Nexus is a powerhouse. Here's a first look at the latest entry in the company's Nexus line.
Share, save and savor all things social with these nine free Google Android apps, hand-picked by CIO.com's mobile maestro, Al Sacco.
Australia continues to lose ground in the global broadband connection speed race.
One of the best ways LG takes advantage of its unique 18:9 display is in the camera. Let's take a closer look.
The flagship HTC U Ultra phone represents a bold new direction for HTC—one that doesn't include a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Canada has recalled over 21,900 Galaxy Note7 smartphones after receiving a report of the overheating of the battery of one phone.
A quick comparison of Sony's mid-ranger and high-ender.
Weddings. Job promotions. News articles. Facebook thinks it knows what the best stories are to drop in your news feed. But some users might want to see things their own way.
Running late for a meet up with friends or an appointment? Share a location securely and for a limited time period with smartphone application Glympse. It's a free download for Android, iOS, Windows Phone and BlackBerry.
Using your smartphone or tablet to control your Tivo box is easy and offers a lot of flexibility in recording shows and channel surfing.
Struggling to read small text on your iPad mini? There's a fix for that.
I'm a big fan of working at offsite locations--meaning my local Wi-Fi-equipped coffee shop. In fact, I'll often spend the afternoon hunkered down at Panera Bread, iced tea in one hand and a French Toast bagel in the other. (It's bad form to set up sh...
You can pay an exorbitant amount for a phone. But the top-end iPhones and Samsungs really don’t do much that half-priced alternatives can’t match. In some instances the cheaper options are actually better! We’ve reviewed most of the market lately and...
What happens when you delete a file? Unknown to most, deleted data from a mobile phone can still be shared with others if not appropriately managed. In a worst-case scenario, this could end up in the hands of a hacker or e-criminal, and used against ...
If you’ve not seen it, the new Pokemon Go mobile game lets you walk around town interacting with local landmarks via your phone’s screen. You’ll likely find plaques, artworks and other local facts about where you live and work that you never knew exi...
Ditch the dual-phone hassle by assigning yourself a second phone number, complete with texting and other services.
“With each generation the company makes measured, incremental technology improvements to its iPhone line, and this time around those changes are increasing Apple’s per-unit material cost.”
Videos about mobile
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- FTProcess Analyst - Green BeltVIC
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- FTProject Manager - Knowledge Management implementationVIC
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCTechnical ConsutlantACT
- FTSAP SD/MM ConsultantNSW
- FTService Desk - Level 1 SupportVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD
- FTAEM Technology Lead - Blue Chip companyNSW
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- TPBusiness Analyst (BI Focus)WA
- FTMarket Data Analyst, Investment BankingNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Business Finance LeadQLD
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Accounting SoftwareNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPOffice 365 Deployment SupportQLD
- FTTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT