Vulnerabilities found in remote management software that carriers insist be installed on smart phones and other mobile-enabled devices they sell are likely to put many devices at risk of compromise for some time to come.
Security researchers have recently found a vulnerability that could be used to hijack Android apps and devices, but an older issue that can have the same effect remains a significant threat nearly two years after its discovery, according to security ...
The majority of Android devices currently in use contain a vulnerability that allows malware to completely hijack installed apps and their data or even the entire device.
Businesses wanting the security of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 without the complexity of managing it onsite can now buy it as a hosted service from six BlackBerry partners.
A ransomware threat that encrypts files stored on the SD memory cards of Android devices has been updated to target English-speaking users with FBI-themed alerts.
The 2014 World Cup has just wrapped up in Brazil and Argentina were not the only losers according to security vendor Trend Micro.
A vulnerability present in most Android devices allows apps to initiate unauthorized phone calls, disrupt ongoing calls and execute special codes that can trigger other rogue actions.
A rare Android worm that propagates itself to other users via links in text messages has been discovered by security researchers.
Malicious software that swaps itself for legitimate online banking applications is striking users in South Korea, with thousands of devices infected in the last week, according to a Chinese mobile security company.
PayPal was one of the first large online services providers to offer two-factor authentication to its users, but until recently the company's implementation had a loophole that could have allowed attackers to bypass this additional protection.
Governments are increasingly using spyware for mobile devices to monitor targets, raising questions over the possible misuse of such tools, a new study suggests.
Less than three weeks after pushing Android 4.4.3 to users of its Nexus devices, Google released a new version of the OS that incorporates a patch for a serious vulnerability identified in the OpenSSL cryptographic library.
An unknown person or group reportedly stole the cryptographic key used by Nokia to digitally sign applications for Symbian OS and extorted millions of euros from the company in 2007 by threatening to make the key public.
Victims of Simplocker, the first file-encrypting ransomware threat for Android devices, can recover files without paying cybercriminals because the malicious program uses a hardcoded encryption key.
An Android Trojan program originally designed to steal mobile banking credentials from Russian users was recently retrofitted with ransomware functionality and has started infecting users in the U.S., using photos of its victims to intimidate them in...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 11 Easy tips to keep yourself and your children safe online
- The Division review
- Need for Speed PC Review
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCApplication Packaging ExpertVIC
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCApplication DevelopersQLD
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT