Vulnerabilities found in remote management software that carriers insist be installed on smart phones and other mobile-enabled devices they sell are likely to put many devices at risk of compromise for some time to come.
Security researchers have recently found a vulnerability that could be used to hijack Android apps and devices, but an older issue that can have the same effect remains a significant threat nearly two years after its discovery, according to security ...
The majority of Android devices currently in use contain a vulnerability that allows malware to completely hijack installed apps and their data or even the entire device.
Businesses wanting the security of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 without the complexity of managing it onsite can now buy it as a hosted service from six BlackBerry partners.
A ransomware threat that encrypts files stored on the SD memory cards of Android devices has been updated to target English-speaking users with FBI-themed alerts.
The 2014 World Cup has just wrapped up in Brazil and Argentina were not the only losers according to security vendor Trend Micro.
A vulnerability present in most Android devices allows apps to initiate unauthorized phone calls, disrupt ongoing calls and execute special codes that can trigger other rogue actions.
A rare Android worm that propagates itself to other users via links in text messages has been discovered by security researchers.
Malicious software that swaps itself for legitimate online banking applications is striking users in South Korea, with thousands of devices infected in the last week, according to a Chinese mobile security company.
PayPal was one of the first large online services providers to offer two-factor authentication to its users, but until recently the company's implementation had a loophole that could have allowed attackers to bypass this additional protection.
Governments are increasingly using spyware for mobile devices to monitor targets, raising questions over the possible misuse of such tools, a new study suggests.
Less than three weeks after pushing Android 4.4.3 to users of its Nexus devices, Google released a new version of the OS that incorporates a patch for a serious vulnerability identified in the OpenSSL cryptographic library.
An unknown person or group reportedly stole the cryptographic key used by Nokia to digitally sign applications for Symbian OS and extorted millions of euros from the company in 2007 by threatening to make the key public.
Victims of Simplocker, the first file-encrypting ransomware threat for Android devices, can recover files without paying cybercriminals because the malicious program uses a hardcoded encryption key.
An Android Trojan program originally designed to steal mobile banking credentials from Russian users was recently retrofitted with ransomware functionality and has started infecting users in the U.S., using photos of its victims to intimidate them in...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Huawei female watch review: Bringing out your inner fashionista
- 4 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 5 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- FTTechnical LeadWA
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst (NON-IT)WA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Citrix & VMWareNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCSolution Architect - IntegrationSA
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD