Apple plans to require six-digit passcodes to unlock its latest mobile devices that use iOS 9, its forthcoming mobile operating system.
Cybercriminals in Japan are targeting iPhone users with an online scam that tricks them into installing a malicious application when they attempt to view porn videos.
It's common sense to reset an Android phone to its factory state before selling or disposing of it. But beware, researchers recently found that this often fails to properly wipe all sensitive user data from the device.
A vulnerability in Android's default Web browser lets attackers spoof the URL shown in the address bar, allowing for more credible phishing attacks.
You might not be used to the idea of a watch endangering your digital life, but you should: Apple's first update for Watch OS includes 14 security patches, and they're not trivial.
An Israeli company has developed a product it says can detect if a mobile device connects to a fake cellular base station or Wi-Fi access point, potentially protecting critical data from falling into the hands of hackers.
Attackers can potentially snoop on the encrypted traffic of over 25,000 iOS applications due to a vulnerability in a popular open-source networking library.
Apps used by millions of iPhone and iPad owners became vulnerable to snooping when a flaw was introduced into third-party code they used to establish HTTPS connections.
Amazon Web Services continues to chip away at the enterprise storage market, with plans for a new service designed to be a nimbler alternative to network attached storage (NAS) appliances.
Based on data collected by Google, less than one percent of Android devices had a potentially harmful application installed last year. This includes devices on which users have installed applications from outside the official Google Play store.
Mobile malware is a growing problem, but researchers from University of Alabama at Birmingham have figured out a new way of detecting when shady mobile apps get up to no good, such as trying to call premium-rate numbers unbeknowst to a phone's owner.
Nearly half of Android devices are vulnerable to an attack that could replace a legitimate app with malicious software that can collect sensitive data from a phone.
Hundreds of Android and iOS apps are still vulnerable to a dangerous attack revealed two weeks ago that can compromise encrypted data, a security vendor said Tuesday.
BlackBerry is returning to the tablet market -- this time with the help of Samsung Electronics, IBM and Secusmart, the German encryption specialist BlackBerry bought last year.
Finnish companies Jolla and SSH Communications Security are counting on their European origins to help sell a secure mobile operating system they are co-developing.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- New report says Google watches made by LG, to be released Feb. 9
- Microsoft labels Windows 7 'outdated' as it stumps for 10
- AirTV's slick marriage of Sling TV and OTA channels isn't in the product yet
- Leaked Windows 10 build shows Microsoft filling a major content hole: Ebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCMaster Planner /SchedulerQLD
- CCSAP UX ArchitectACT
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerWA
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- CCSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- FTIdentity Access + Security ConsultantSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD