Apple plans to require six-digit passcodes to unlock its latest mobile devices that use iOS 9, its forthcoming mobile operating system.
Cybercriminals in Japan are targeting iPhone users with an online scam that tricks them into installing a malicious application when they attempt to view porn videos.
It's common sense to reset an Android phone to its factory state before selling or disposing of it. But beware, researchers recently found that this often fails to properly wipe all sensitive user data from the device.
A vulnerability in Android's default Web browser lets attackers spoof the URL shown in the address bar, allowing for more credible phishing attacks.
You might not be used to the idea of a watch endangering your digital life, but you should: Apple's first update for Watch OS includes 14 security patches, and they're not trivial.
An Israeli company has developed a product it says can detect if a mobile device connects to a fake cellular base station or Wi-Fi access point, potentially protecting critical data from falling into the hands of hackers.
Attackers can potentially snoop on the encrypted traffic of over 25,000 iOS applications due to a vulnerability in a popular open-source networking library.
Apps used by millions of iPhone and iPad owners became vulnerable to snooping when a flaw was introduced into third-party code they used to establish HTTPS connections.
Amazon Web Services continues to chip away at the enterprise storage market, with plans for a new service designed to be a nimbler alternative to network attached storage (NAS) appliances.
Based on data collected by Google, less than one percent of Android devices had a potentially harmful application installed last year. This includes devices on which users have installed applications from outside the official Google Play store.
Mobile malware is a growing problem, but researchers from University of Alabama at Birmingham have figured out a new way of detecting when shady mobile apps get up to no good, such as trying to call premium-rate numbers unbeknowst to a phone's owner.
Nearly half of Android devices are vulnerable to an attack that could replace a legitimate app with malicious software that can collect sensitive data from a phone.
Hundreds of Android and iOS apps are still vulnerable to a dangerous attack revealed two weeks ago that can compromise encrypted data, a security vendor said Tuesday.
BlackBerry is returning to the tablet market -- this time with the help of Samsung Electronics, IBM and Secusmart, the German encryption specialist BlackBerry bought last year.
Finnish companies Jolla and SSH Communications Security are counting on their European origins to help sell a secure mobile operating system they are co-developing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- CCSenior Business Process Analyst, FinanceNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW