An unpatched vulnerability in the Google Admin application for Android can allow rogue applications to steal credentials that could be used to access Google for Work acccounts.
Google has released another patch for the Stagefright vulnerability after a security firm said the first one didn't fix it.
Three “high risk” vulnerabilities in SAP Mobile could give attackers access to encrypted information stored in mobile devices, security firm Onapsis reported Wednesday.
The developing world is increasingly using mobile banking apps to move money, but new research shows those apps are often poorly coded and pose security risks.
Responding to an accusatory blog post, BlackBerry has again denied that its embedded operating system caused the potentially dangerous vulnerability recently demonstrated in Chrysler Jeep Cherokees.
Many smart phone manufacturers preload remote support tools on their Android devices in an insecure way, providing a method for hackers to take control of the devices through rogue apps or even SMS messages.
Google, Samsung and LG will start to issue monthly security patches for Android devices, taking a cue from the PC industry after critical vulnerabilities put hundreds of millions of smartphone users at risk.
A malicious application or Web page could be used to crash Android devices, in some cases persistently, due to a vulnerability in a multimedia processing component.
The vast majority of Android phones can be hacked by sending them a specially crafted multimedia message (MMS), a security researcher has found.
Data stolen from Hacking Team continues to yield information about the company's infiltration techniques. The latest find is a fake Android news app, which was used to install its flagship surveillance tool.
It's become common practice to use virtual private networks for extra privacy and security in this era of mass surveillance, but a study published this week suggests such networks may not be as safe as they're commonly made out to be.
Apple released patches for several exploits that could allow maliciously crafted applications to destroy apps that already exist on devices, access their data or hijack their traffic, but a large number of iOS devices are still vulnerable.
The developers of a mobile app called Prized that secretly mined cryptocurrencies on people's mobile phones have settled with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission after being accused of deceptive trade practices.
A critical vulnerability is affecting 600 million Samsung devices including the company’s new flagship device, the S6.
Security remains a big concern for businesses considering cloud storage, but Dropbox hopes to further calm their fears by integrating its service with enterprise mobile management products.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSharePoint Web DeveloperACT
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- FTManual Software TesterNSW