Samsung's entry-level touch-screen phone is intuitive and boasts some handy social-networking features, but its lack of 3G connectivity is hard to swallow
If you can live without a hardware keyboard, the HTC Droid Eris is an affordable and feature-packed alternative to the Motorola Droid
Acer recently entered the mobile phone market, and the Acer neoTouch is its top Windows Mobile smartphone.
The first ecofriendly touchscreen phone succeeds at Web browsing and videos, but falters at other multimedia tasks
Fans of earhook-free headsets will appreciate the Discovery 975, which offers great-sounding calls at both ends of the line
Available exclusively on Telstra's Next G network, the Samsung S6700T is a capable 3G mobile phone with a low price.
Samsung's Star mobile phone is a good introduction to the world of touch-screen mobile phones
The first Android 2.0 phone impresses with a strong suite of Web features and a stunning 3.7-inch display, but some users might have trouble with the shallow keyboard.
A stylish yet unobtrusive Bluetooth headset with great sound quality
Telstra's prepaid T106 is one of the cheapest mobile phones available on the Next G network
A 12-megapixel camera phone with a Xenon flash and a touch screen
Sony Ericsson's latest mobile phone introduces gesture gaming
If you're looking for a simple and inexpensive Bluetooth speakerphone, the SP200 is one of the best on the market.
Sleek and elegant clamshell with an automatic opening mechanism.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Apple delivers another Yosemite beta as WiFi issues persist
- UpCloud bets on storage performance, US datacenter to dent market
- Critical XSS flaws patched in WordPress and popular plug-in
- EU net neutrality legislation under threat from Italian proposals, says rights group
- Molecular flash memory could store massive data
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT