Nokia's acquisition of Plum Ventures assets is another milestone in the move on the part of mobile phone vendors to pick up social-network technology as they hunt for new ways to get consumers to buy handsets.
LG Electronics has joined the ranks of mobile phone makers putting Google's Android mobile operating system into smartphones, unveiling the LG-GW620 on Monday.
Motorola on Thursday announced its first Android smartphone, which will ship in the fourth quarter with T-Mobile USA under the name Cliq.
Palm Inc. and Sprint Nextel Inc. formally announced the second WebOS smartphone today, the Palm Pixi, and said it will be available in the US from Sprint before the Christmas holidays.
Touch screens have changed the way people use mobile phones dramatically. But gesture controls, augmented reality and larger screen sizes are about to change habits even more, according to mobile interface expert Christian Lindholm.
The founding CEO of Nokia Siemens Networks has resigned and will be replaced by another long-term Nokia executive as the two-year-old company battles it out in a consolidating carrier-infrastructure industry.
Vodafone Australia announced the expansion of its 3G network today, claiming it now covers 94 per cent of Australia's population.
Global shipments of Wi-Fi-enabled cell phones are expected to double between 2009 and 2011, at least partially due to the emergence of a slew of smartphones with Wi-Fi capabilities, according to an analyst at ABI Research in New York.
Nokia is not a company worth getting excited about, but with a new Linux handset, netbook, and solutions focus, that may be changing. Or maybe not.
After several unofficial leaks, Nokia on Thursday officially unveiled the N900, the company's first Linux phone. It's a good first step to rejuvenate Nokia's smartphone line, but will the N900 have what it takes to go head-to-head with the iPhone and...
A group of international scientists today released a report that again raises concerns about cell phone usage and brain tumors, noting that one recent Swedish study saw a 400 per cent increased risk for teenage cell phone users.
Nokia is driving down the price of its touch-screen phones: Its latest, the 5230, will cost EUR149 (US$210) before operator subsidies and taxes.
Microsoft has launched OneApp, which allows cheaper phones from Nokia and Sony Ericsson to access social-networking services like Facebook, Twitter and Windows Live Messenger, the company announced Monday.
India added 14.4 million new mobile subscribers in July, bringing the total number of mobile subscribers in the country to 442 million, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) said on Thursday.
The U.K. aims to have a plan by the end of this year that lets people use their mobile phones or smart cards to pay for travel across England's public transport system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Best Travel SIMs for Japan
- AMD drops Radeon RX 460, RX 470 prices ahead of Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 launch
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- iPads and Apple TV aimed at transforming patient care
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Perl Developer | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC