Symbian's future on Nokia's smartphones has been questioned lately, but Nokia's support for the OS remains unchanged for the foreseeable future, CEO Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo said during a keynote at the company's Capital Markets Day on Wednesday.
LG Australia today unveiled two new fashion-oriented mobile phones, the New Chocolate and the New Chocolate Slide, aimed at people who are "looking to be different".
Samsung Electronics is on track to beat its 2009 sales target of 200 million mobile phones, and touchscreen handsets will account for one of every five mobile phones it sells this year, the company said Monday.
China called for a cleanup of mobile porn Web sites on Wednesday, blaming their rise on high-speed mobile data services, deployment of which has otherwise been a point of pride for the country.
Lenovo will buy back the mobile phone unit that it spun off last year, reversing a move it originally made to focus on its core business in PCs, the company said late Friday.
Mobile phone giant Nokia on Friday said it will cut up to 330 people from its research and development staff.
HTC has announced the Australian launch of its highly anticipated Hero and Tattoo Android smartphones, revealing that it will partner with retailer Harvey Norman rather than a carrier.
Optus has become the first telco in Australia to release its own mobile applications store, targeting non-iPhone devices. Apple, Google, Microsoft and Nokia have all launched mobile app stores accessible to Australian users.
Fujitsu is breaking new ground in the cell phone market with the imminent introduction of a cell phone that splits into two parts.
Optus has become the first telco in Australia to release a BlackBerry smartphone on a prepaid mobile phone plan.
Another piece of dangerous code that attacks iPhones has been found, although it puts at risk only a very small subset of the smartphone's users.
By the end of 2009 the world's mobile handset accessories market will have chalked up a value of nearly $55 billion. That represents a small decrease from the 2008 figure, surprising only in that the decline hasn't been larger.
Apple surpassed Nokia in the third quarter of 2009 as the mobile phone maker with the highest operating profit.
The Droid invasion landed on Friday and so far the iPhone comparisons haven't stopped. Customers showed up for midnight launches to be first to get the new Android 2.0 device, and Verizon stores haven't had any issue burning through their inventory o...
Nokia says it will replace for free millions of faulty cellphone chargers that pose a shock hazard to its users. Nokia announced the recall program Monday reporting the Nokia-branded chargers were manufactured by a third-party supplier BYD Electronic...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia's offering three free VR games if you buy a GTX 10 Series card and an Oculus Rift + Touch
- Call of Duty: WWII returns the series to Normandy and Germany on November 3
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
- Scanner Sombre review: A weird and unsettling glimpse into darkness
- How to stop websites from asking for your location in Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, Safari
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPFront-End DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems Engineer (Netapp/Windows)NSW
- CCA/V OfficerNSW
- CCIT Information ArchitectNSW
- CCLead SAP SRM DeveloperACT
- CCProject Scheduler/CoordinatorVIC
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- FTFinance Analyst with Accounting | 8 Month ContractVIC
- TPTechnical Support Officer (Unix/Linux, Windows and Mac)VIC
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- FTTesting and Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTSQL Server Database DeveloperSA
- FTProject Manager (Office 365 / Mobility)QLD
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTTelecommunications Installation ManagerSA
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTHR Business Analyst / Performance Management SMENSW