Smartphones grabbed a smaller-than-expected part of overall mobile phone sales in 2009, and Nokia is largely to blame, according to market research company Gartner.
Am I the only one that was underwhelmed when looking at the Google phone, codenamed Nexus One?
Apple's response to Nokia's claim that the iPhone infringes on technology patents held by Nokia is "two can play that game". Apple has countersued Nokia, claiming that the world's largest mobile handset maker is infringing on as many as 13 patents he...
Step aside, Android 2.0 -- Android 2.0.1 has arrived.
Rumors have been circulating for a while now that Google is developing its own Android-based handset. The Wall Street Journal reports that the rumors are confirmed and that Google employees are currently using a prototype of the Google device, which ...
The trickle of Android-based smartphones seen this year is expected to turn into an avalanche in 2010, according to market research company CCS Insight, which forecasts that more than 50 devices will ship next year.
Research In Motion (RIM) today announced the Australian launch of BlackBerry App World, the application store for BlackBerry smartphones. However, only free apps will be available at launch. Paid applications will be accessible at a later, to be advi...
Nokia's plan to close flagship stores in New York and Chicago makes perfect sense.
Comviva Technologies, an Indian vendor of technology for value-added services, is targeting poor people in India, Africa and other developing markets with its "Virtual SIM" technology that allows users to connect to their mobile service using a share...
Bogus reviews have landed Chinese iPhone app developer Molinker in deep trouble, resulting in all 1000-plus of its apps being removed and banned from the App Store. This is great news for consumers who are tired of downloading subpar apps based on in...
The ratings scandal that led Apple to purge 1,000 iPhone apps underscores why the App Store user review system needs repair.
Telstra has launched a free SMS service that lets customers receive Facebook notifications via text messages.
Motorola will start selling a smartphone similar to the Droid in China this month, but the phone will use China's homegrown 3G standard and a China Mobile operating system.
Nokia is upping the ante against rivals such as Apple and Google with its preview of the upcoming iteration of Symbian OS (V3) for touchscreen devices. The upgraded mobile operating system is expected sometime next year, together with a bunch of new ...
HTC's roadmap for the first half of 2010 was supposedly leaked over the weekend, revealing what may be a lineup of new Android and Windows Mobile phones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCSAP HR & Payroll consultant - July STARTACT
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- FTGeneral Manager: Applications DevelopmentVIC
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA