Apple has launched its highly anticipated iPhone 4 [[artnid:352315|Google's Android operating system]] is going from strength to strength, and BlackBerry continues to push its e-mail-centric smartphones. But which mobile phone is best for you?
If you're hoping to get your hands on the Droid 2, the anticipated refresh of Motorola's popular Android-based device, you may not have much longer to wait.
Apple's iPhone 4 has finally launched in Australia. Boasting a brighter screen, a faster processor and better battery life than its predecessors, the iPhone 4 is expected to maintain Apple's strong foothold in the smartphone market thanks to its amaz...
Rather than bore you with an opening line about how Android phones outsold the iPhone last quarter, I'm going to begin with an anecdote:
Froyo is coming.
There is only one question that wannabe iPhone 4 owners need to ask themselves when gearing up to buy Apple's hyped handset when it launches in Australia at midnight on Thursday night. Can you afford to pay Telstra's exorbitant prices for access to i...
Apple's fourth-generation iPhone, the iPhone 4, has finally hit Australia. Boasting a brighter screen, a faster processor and better battery life than its predecessors, the iPhone 4 is expected to maintain Apple's strong foothold in the smartphone ma...
There's no denying Apple hit the jackpot with its iPhone. The company has sold more than 85 million iPhone and iPod Touch devices worldwide since the original handset's launch in 2007, according to the latest IDC figures.
Microsoft is so desperate to prove Windows Phone 7's worth in the fiercely competitive smartphone market the company's already giving technical previews to the press, months before the platform's holiday launch.
Is there really a problem with the iPhone 4 antenna? Apple is about to answer this question Friday, at a <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/201158/apple_calls_iphone_4_press_conference_for_this_friday.html">hastily announced press conference</a>...
On June 23, Motorola introduced the Droid, set for release this Thursday, calling it "a pocket-sized home theater." That's an interesting slogan for a phone. I can appreciate the feature, but how does it benefit the average worker? I can see the adva...
The iPhone 4 "death grip" story continues to have legs. Consumer Reports says that it can't recommend the iPhone 4 -- despite the fact that it tops Consumer Reports' rankings -- because of the so-called "death grip," and some in PR circles see a reca...
Life must suck today at One Infinite Loop.
You say your secret ambition in life is to build the world's greatest mobile flatulence app? Here's your chance.
Don't look now, Apple fanatics, but Android's just made another noteworthy leap in mobile market share.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft cuts off 40 percent of Windows phones with Creators Update shift
- Google will try to combat fake news using search and user feedback
- Wilson's Heart review: Not a perfect virtual reality game, but certainly the best so far
- Best Buy has knocked $50 off the Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update review: The future is increasingly uncertain
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTest Automation Lead | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- CCOrganisational Change LeadNSW
- FTApplication Support Lead - Health ApplicationsNSW
- TPIntergration SpecialistQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- FTSenior Software Developer (C#.Net and VB.Net)SA
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTData Analyst (Query Scripting and Reporting)NSW
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW