Nearly 1 billion smartphones will be shipped globally in 2015, almost double the amount for all of 2011, as millions of people seek out the more powerful mobile phones that are dropping in price, market research firm IDC said.
Verizon Wireless Wednesday confirmed that it plans to start selling the Samsung Galaxy S II "superphone" sometime in July, making it one of several U.S. carriers that are expected to sell the device.
A new document in a year-old patent lawsuit filed by Oracle against Google over Android intellectual property suggests Oracle could be seeking huge damages from Google.
Analysts parsing what Microsoft revealed of Windows 8 earlier this week are split today on how big the company's gambling with its operating system cash cow, some saying the bet was for the farm, while others said it was the best move Microsoft could...
Can Microsoft's next-generation, touch-oriented Windows 8 OS give Microsoft a leg-up in the tablet computer market now dominated by Apple's iPad?
It takes more than a sleek operating system to make a successful smartphone.
Microsoft today called comments made by an Intel executive about the next version of Windows "inaccurate" and "misleading."
Seagate today announced a battery-powered wireless external drive for mobile devices, including those powered by Apple's iOS, such as the iPad.
As of Monday, Verizon Wireless was 12 days late with the start of sales for its second LTE smartphone, the Droid Charge from Samsung, which was first promised on April 28.
Microsoft on Wednesday said it will not help Windows Phone users who updated their smartphones last month with an unsanctioned tool, and are now unable to apply a security update.
The Android-powered Xperia Mini Pro smartphone from Sony Ericsson, Sony Ericsson unveiled the Xperia Mini and Xperia Mini Pro smartphones in London on Thursday, each running Android 2.3 and powered by 1 GHz Snapdragon processors.
Apple will reap more than three-fourths of all mobile app store revenues generated this year, but rival Google's growth is climbing faster, a research analyst said yesterday.
Free Android phone tethering apps found in Android Market are reportedly being blocked by AT&T, Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile.
Research in Motion announced two new BlackBerry Bold smartphones on Monday that run on a new BlackBerry 7 operating system and include near field communication (NFC) support.
Barnes & Noble announced a major update to its Nook Color tablet Monday that includes access to a new app store, including an email app for organizing Web mail accounts. The upgrade also has Android 2.2 (Froyo) with Adobe Flash Player for video v...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Plantronics BackBeat Sense Bluetooth headphones
- OneDrive finally lets you sync shared folders
- Condé Nast parent company jumps into big data market with 1010data purchase
- US counterterrorism expert says it's time to give companies offensive cybercapabilities
- IBM applies some engineering rigor to the Internet of Things
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW