Nokia reported a net loss and a fall in revenue for the third quarter, despite selling more phones than analysts had expected.
The dispute between Oracle and Google won't go to trial on Oct. 31 as initially scheduled, according to the judge overseeing the case.
Apple's iOS 5 and the new iPhone 4S got some new competition late Wednesday after Google introduced Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, running on the new Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
Telefonica and Verizon in a few months will become the first operators to offer Android phones running VMware's mobile hypervisor, the companies announced Wednesday at the VMworld 2011 Europe conference in Copenhagen.
Google and Samsung on Tuesday unveiled the Galaxy Nexus phone running Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest version of Android.
Developers at the BlackBerry DevCon in San Francisco on Tuesday gave Research In Motion high marks for laying out a clear operating system strategy and standing by its PlayBook tablet.
Google and Sun Microsystems' discussions to co-develop Android ultimately broke down because of disagreements over control of the platform, Google wrote in a trial brief late last week related to its dispute with Oracle.
Following last week's major service disruptions, Research in Motion (RIM) is offering free applications and support as compensation, the company said on Monday.
A judge at the district court in the Hague on Friday rejected claims that Samsung had made against Apple regarding four patents.
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications barely broke even during the third quarter, and reported a small year-on-year drop in revenue as an increase in the average selling price of its phones was offset by a 9 percent fall in volume.
Quanta Computer, the Taiwanese contract computer manufacturer, is now the ninth company to license patents from Microsoft for its Android devices, the companies said Thursday.
The legal battle between Apple and Samsung has reached fever pitch, with Apple getting an injunction to stop the sale of the Galaxy 10.1 tablet in Australia as Samsung launches new versions of its smartphones to keep them on sale in the Netherlands. ...
Red Bend, which makes products for delivering over-the-air software updates, will soon offer a virtualization technology for Android devices that allows a user to have both a personal profile and a business profile on the same device.
As more companies allow employees to bring smartphones and tablets into work, Android device makers are building products and partnerships to secure them, and now Samsung is joining the fray.
Apple has released iOS 5, its hotly anticipated upgrade to the operating system that powers the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA