Nokia reported a net loss and a fall in revenue for the third quarter, despite selling more phones than analysts had expected.
The dispute between Oracle and Google won't go to trial on Oct. 31 as initially scheduled, according to the judge overseeing the case.
Apple's iOS 5 and the new iPhone 4S got some new competition late Wednesday after Google introduced Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, running on the new Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
Telefonica and Verizon in a few months will become the first operators to offer Android phones running VMware's mobile hypervisor, the companies announced Wednesday at the VMworld 2011 Europe conference in Copenhagen.
Google and Samsung on Tuesday unveiled the Galaxy Nexus phone running Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest version of Android.
Developers at the BlackBerry DevCon in San Francisco on Tuesday gave Research In Motion high marks for laying out a clear operating system strategy and standing by its PlayBook tablet.
Google and Sun Microsystems' discussions to co-develop Android ultimately broke down because of disagreements over control of the platform, Google wrote in a trial brief late last week related to its dispute with Oracle.
Following last week's major service disruptions, Research in Motion (RIM) is offering free applications and support as compensation, the company said on Monday.
A judge at the district court in the Hague on Friday rejected claims that Samsung had made against Apple regarding four patents.
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications barely broke even during the third quarter, and reported a small year-on-year drop in revenue as an increase in the average selling price of its phones was offset by a 9 percent fall in volume.
Quanta Computer, the Taiwanese contract computer manufacturer, is now the ninth company to license patents from Microsoft for its Android devices, the companies said Thursday.
The legal battle between Apple and Samsung has reached fever pitch, with Apple getting an injunction to stop the sale of the Galaxy 10.1 tablet in Australia as Samsung launches new versions of its smartphones to keep them on sale in the Netherlands. ...
Red Bend, which makes products for delivering over-the-air software updates, will soon offer a virtualization technology for Android devices that allows a user to have both a personal profile and a business profile on the same device.
As more companies allow employees to bring smartphones and tablets into work, Android device makers are building products and partnerships to secure them, and now Samsung is joining the fray.
Apple has released iOS 5, its hotly anticipated upgrade to the operating system that powers the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW