Nokia reported a net loss and a fall in revenue for the third quarter, despite selling more phones than analysts had expected.
The dispute between Oracle and Google won't go to trial on Oct. 31 as initially scheduled, according to the judge overseeing the case.
Apple's iOS 5 and the new iPhone 4S got some new competition late Wednesday after Google introduced Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, running on the new Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
Telefonica and Verizon in a few months will become the first operators to offer Android phones running VMware's mobile hypervisor, the companies announced Wednesday at the VMworld 2011 Europe conference in Copenhagen.
Google and Samsung on Tuesday unveiled the Galaxy Nexus phone running Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest version of Android.
Developers at the BlackBerry DevCon in San Francisco on Tuesday gave Research In Motion high marks for laying out a clear operating system strategy and standing by its PlayBook tablet.
Google and Sun Microsystems' discussions to co-develop Android ultimately broke down because of disagreements over control of the platform, Google wrote in a trial brief late last week related to its dispute with Oracle.
Following last week's major service disruptions, Research in Motion (RIM) is offering free applications and support as compensation, the company said on Monday.
A judge at the district court in the Hague on Friday rejected claims that Samsung had made against Apple regarding four patents.
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications barely broke even during the third quarter, and reported a small year-on-year drop in revenue as an increase in the average selling price of its phones was offset by a 9 percent fall in volume.
Quanta Computer, the Taiwanese contract computer manufacturer, is now the ninth company to license patents from Microsoft for its Android devices, the companies said Thursday.
The legal battle between Apple and Samsung has reached fever pitch, with Apple getting an injunction to stop the sale of the Galaxy 10.1 tablet in Australia as Samsung launches new versions of its smartphones to keep them on sale in the Netherlands. ...
Red Bend, which makes products for delivering over-the-air software updates, will soon offer a virtualization technology for Android devices that allows a user to have both a personal profile and a business profile on the same device.
As more companies allow employees to bring smartphones and tablets into work, Android device makers are building products and partnerships to secure them, and now Samsung is joining the fray.
Apple has released iOS 5, its hotly anticipated upgrade to the operating system that powers the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- FTInsights AnalystNSW
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- CCInformation Content EditorVIC
- CCSecurity Architect (Big Data / Cloud) Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- CCAX Functional SupportQLD
- TPSolution Architect - PortalWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- TPSAP Project ManagerSA
- FTDevelopment Manager - Web, Mobile and CMSNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant SydneyNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorNSW
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- FTIT Operations ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Brisbane Based)QLD
- FTMid to senior Java Software EngineerNSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- CCProject SchedulerSA