Nokia reported a net loss and a fall in revenue for the third quarter, despite selling more phones than analysts had expected.
The dispute between Oracle and Google won't go to trial on Oct. 31 as initially scheduled, according to the judge overseeing the case.
Apple's iOS 5 and the new iPhone 4S got some new competition late Wednesday after Google introduced Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, running on the new Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
Telefonica and Verizon in a few months will become the first operators to offer Android phones running VMware's mobile hypervisor, the companies announced Wednesday at the VMworld 2011 Europe conference in Copenhagen.
Google and Samsung on Tuesday unveiled the Galaxy Nexus phone running Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest version of Android.
Developers at the BlackBerry DevCon in San Francisco on Tuesday gave Research In Motion high marks for laying out a clear operating system strategy and standing by its PlayBook tablet.
Google and Sun Microsystems' discussions to co-develop Android ultimately broke down because of disagreements over control of the platform, Google wrote in a trial brief late last week related to its dispute with Oracle.
Following last week's major service disruptions, Research in Motion (RIM) is offering free applications and support as compensation, the company said on Monday.
A judge at the district court in the Hague on Friday rejected claims that Samsung had made against Apple regarding four patents.
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications barely broke even during the third quarter, and reported a small year-on-year drop in revenue as an increase in the average selling price of its phones was offset by a 9 percent fall in volume.
Quanta Computer, the Taiwanese contract computer manufacturer, is now the ninth company to license patents from Microsoft for its Android devices, the companies said Thursday.
The legal battle between Apple and Samsung has reached fever pitch, with Apple getting an injunction to stop the sale of the Galaxy 10.1 tablet in Australia as Samsung launches new versions of its smartphones to keep them on sale in the Netherlands. ...
Red Bend, which makes products for delivering over-the-air software updates, will soon offer a virtualization technology for Android devices that allows a user to have both a personal profile and a business profile on the same device.
As more companies allow employees to bring smartphones and tablets into work, Android device makers are building products and partnerships to secure them, and now Samsung is joining the fray.
Apple has released iOS 5, its hotly anticipated upgrade to the operating system that powers the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Report: Microsoft's Home Hub will chase Amazon's Echo as a software service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- TPSenior Engineer-UNIXVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)SA
- CCProject Manager - InfrastructureQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCTesting and Support Services ManagerNSW
- TPIT Document Writer And TrainerVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Manager AnalyticsVIC
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- CCManager - Superannuation ConsultingNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW