Google's Chrome Web browser for iOS devices has been updated to include several enhanced features, including data compression designed to speed up page loading.
Google has sent out invitations to a press event next week in San Francisco that reveal no details other than that Android and Chrome chief Sundar Pichai will host, signaling that some new mobile product or feature could be unveiled.
The latest simulator for the upcoming Firefox mobile OS is aimed to please developers planning to sell applications.
Verizon Wireless became the first U.S. carrier to join the Ubuntu Carrier Advisory Group, but it is not clear whether it will eventually promote phones running the open-source Ubuntu OS on its network.
Google is incorporating several new features into its Maps app on Android-powered devices -- which are also coming soon to iOS -- to make it easier to search and navigate using the service.
Peter Sunde, the co-founder of BitTorrent search engine The Pirate Bay, is working on developing a secure mobile messaging app and service that's intended to be safe from government surveillance and be user friendly at the same time.
Nokia is expected to launch a follow-up to its 41-megapixel 808 PureView running Windows Phone on July 11, a move that will give the struggling phone vendor a much needed boost, according to one analyst.
Apple has hired Paul Deneve, until Tuesday the CEO of French luxury brand Yves Saint Laurent, to work as its vice president for special projects, igniting fresh speculation about possible new product launches including a TV or wearable computing devi...
In yet another mobile acquisition, Yahoo has acquired Qwiki, a New York City company that makes an app for turning photos and videos into short, edited movies.
Telefónica will be the first to offer a commercial smartphone based on Firefox OS. The Spanish operator will start selling the ZTE Open on Tuesday for €69 (US$90) with a prepaid subscription.
Developers find Firefox OS the most compelling among new smartphone OSes, generating more interest than Tizen and BlackBerry 10, even though no commercial products have been launched for it yet.
Spanish operator Telefónica is worried about the Android-iOS smartphone duopoly, and has joined with Microsoft in a marketing blitz that it hopes will convince consumers to pick up smartphones based on Windows Phone.
As mobile device shipments overtake those of PCs, cross-platform tool developer Xamarin hopes to get more enterprises to adapt their apps for Android and iOS with the help of its .Net Mobility Scanner.
BlackBerry continues to expand its support for Android and iOS with Secure Work Space, which separates work and personal apps and data, as the company tries to hold on to enterprise users by becoming more platform neutral.
Electronics manufacturer Foxconn Technology Group is putting yet more effort behind Mozilla's Firefox OS, and plans to hire up to 3,000 people in Taiwan with expertise in HTML5 and cloud computing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
- Logitech G213 Prodigy review: An ambitious keyboard that's oversized and overpriced
- Razer Ornata review: An expensive rubber-dome keyboard that comes with a mechanical click
- Asus Strix RX 580 Gaming Top OC review: Proof that size matters
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPIntergration SpecialistQLD
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- TPProject ServicesACT
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCChange AnalystACT
- CCSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperACT
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTUser Support AnalystNSW
- FTReporting DeveloperSA
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTJava Technical Team LeadVIC
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA