Google's Chrome Web browser for iOS devices has been updated to include several enhanced features, including data compression designed to speed up page loading.
Google has sent out invitations to a press event next week in San Francisco that reveal no details other than that Android and Chrome chief Sundar Pichai will host, signaling that some new mobile product or feature could be unveiled.
The latest simulator for the upcoming Firefox mobile OS is aimed to please developers planning to sell applications.
Verizon Wireless became the first U.S. carrier to join the Ubuntu Carrier Advisory Group, but it is not clear whether it will eventually promote phones running the open-source Ubuntu OS on its network.
Google is incorporating several new features into its Maps app on Android-powered devices -- which are also coming soon to iOS -- to make it easier to search and navigate using the service.
Peter Sunde, the co-founder of BitTorrent search engine The Pirate Bay, is working on developing a secure mobile messaging app and service that's intended to be safe from government surveillance and be user friendly at the same time.
Nokia is expected to launch a follow-up to its 41-megapixel 808 PureView running Windows Phone on July 11, a move that will give the struggling phone vendor a much needed boost, according to one analyst.
Apple has hired Paul Deneve, until Tuesday the CEO of French luxury brand Yves Saint Laurent, to work as its vice president for special projects, igniting fresh speculation about possible new product launches including a TV or wearable computing devi...
In yet another mobile acquisition, Yahoo has acquired Qwiki, a New York City company that makes an app for turning photos and videos into short, edited movies.
Telefónica will be the first to offer a commercial smartphone based on Firefox OS. The Spanish operator will start selling the ZTE Open on Tuesday for €69 (US$90) with a prepaid subscription.
Developers find Firefox OS the most compelling among new smartphone OSes, generating more interest than Tizen and BlackBerry 10, even though no commercial products have been launched for it yet.
Spanish operator Telefónica is worried about the Android-iOS smartphone duopoly, and has joined with Microsoft in a marketing blitz that it hopes will convince consumers to pick up smartphones based on Windows Phone.
As mobile device shipments overtake those of PCs, cross-platform tool developer Xamarin hopes to get more enterprises to adapt their apps for Android and iOS with the help of its .Net Mobility Scanner.
BlackBerry continues to expand its support for Android and iOS with Secure Work Space, which separates work and personal apps and data, as the company tries to hold on to enterprise users by becoming more platform neutral.
Electronics manufacturer Foxconn Technology Group is putting yet more effort behind Mozilla's Firefox OS, and plans to hire up to 3,000 people in Taiwan with expertise in HTML5 and cloud computing.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- FTEUC Solution Architect l Large Transformation ProjectNSW
- CCFinancial AnalystNSW
- FTTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Retail BankingNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTProject Manager - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI, DataNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerQLD
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperVIC
- CCSystem EngineerVIC
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCBusiness Specialist - TelcoQLD
- CCServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW