Apple's Touch ID authentication system can be defeated using a well-honed technique for creating a latex copy of someone's fingerprint, according to a German hacking group.
iOS 7 has arrived. As announced last week, Apple has released a major update of the operating system that runs on the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
Google has pushed out updates for the iOS and Android versions of Chrome, as the company continues beefing up its browser for use with tablets and smartphones.
Apple's new iPhones show how smartphone vendors are overcoming the technical hurdles that have limited roaming using LTE.
The Firefox OS, a new contender in mobile operating systems, will likely see HTML5-related attacks and assaults on a crucial operating system process, according to security vendor Trend Micro.
Apple's latest operating system iOS 7, due to be released Sept. 18, is already under the microscope of independent security researchers looking for a new jailbreak.
The fingerprint sensor in Apple's new iPhone 5S has the potential to enhance the security of the device, but the devil will be in the details.
Microsoft is expanding its Xbox Music service to iOS and Android devices, and also adding free streaming via the Web.
While still afflicted with reticence over providing a native iPad version of Office, Microsoft has updated OneNote for iPad in a way that, according to the company, makes it independent from its desktop counterpart.
Facebook has laid out big plans in recent months to simplify the app development process by acquiring Parse. But the social network actually had its eye on the cloud service company for years, and at one point the two considered a different partnersh...
Google's decision to name its new Android mobile OS KitKat left some people scratching their heads Tuesday -- isn't that someone else's trademark? -- but the move could raise awareness about the new software, which could be just what Google needs, on...
Microsoft's plan to buy Nokia's phone business and have a larger presence in hardware devices has so far brought little response from PC and smartphone vendors in Asia. But the deal could end up bringing dividends to Microsoft's long-time partners in...
Microsoft is to acquire Nokia's Devices & Services business, which includes the smartphone and mobile phones businesses, and license the Finnish company's patents for a total of €5.44 billion (US$7 billion) in cash, the companies said Monday.
Twitter is updating its site and mobile apps to make it easier for users to carry out conversations on the site and share them with others outside of Twitter.
As of this past May, 70 percent of U.S. residents ages 18 and older access the Internet via high-speed broadband, although the rate of broadband adoption has been sluggish, according to survey results released Monday by the Pew Research Center's Inte...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Nissan, Renault tout plans to make 10 autonomous vehicles by 2020
- Apple releases watchOS 3.1 update
- Apple Watch Nike+ hits the ground running on Oct. 28
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSiebel Technical Integration SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- TPPHP Junior Developer/ProgrammerQLD
- CCSAP ERP ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- FTEnterprise Database Manager - Defence - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Perl Developer | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AX - Brisbane BasedQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Architect - Banking/Financial Services - Immediate StartNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist SQL & Sybase DBAVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Windows Server) 161031/AP/962Asia
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCData Warehousing /Business Intelligence DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW