Apple's Touch ID authentication system can be defeated using a well-honed technique for creating a latex copy of someone's fingerprint, according to a German hacking group.
iOS 7 has arrived. As announced last week, Apple has released a major update of the operating system that runs on the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
Google has pushed out updates for the iOS and Android versions of Chrome, as the company continues beefing up its browser for use with tablets and smartphones.
Apple's new iPhones show how smartphone vendors are overcoming the technical hurdles that have limited roaming using LTE.
The Firefox OS, a new contender in mobile operating systems, will likely see HTML5-related attacks and assaults on a crucial operating system process, according to security vendor Trend Micro.
Apple's latest operating system iOS 7, due to be released Sept. 18, is already under the microscope of independent security researchers looking for a new jailbreak.
The fingerprint sensor in Apple's new iPhone 5S has the potential to enhance the security of the device, but the devil will be in the details.
Microsoft is expanding its Xbox Music service to iOS and Android devices, and also adding free streaming via the Web.
While still afflicted with reticence over providing a native iPad version of Office, Microsoft has updated OneNote for iPad in a way that, according to the company, makes it independent from its desktop counterpart.
Facebook has laid out big plans in recent months to simplify the app development process by acquiring Parse. But the social network actually had its eye on the cloud service company for years, and at one point the two considered a different partnersh...
Google's decision to name its new Android mobile OS KitKat left some people scratching their heads Tuesday -- isn't that someone else's trademark? -- but the move could raise awareness about the new software, which could be just what Google needs, on...
Microsoft's plan to buy Nokia's phone business and have a larger presence in hardware devices has so far brought little response from PC and smartphone vendors in Asia. But the deal could end up bringing dividends to Microsoft's long-time partners in...
Microsoft is to acquire Nokia's Devices & Services business, which includes the smartphone and mobile phones businesses, and license the Finnish company's patents for a total of €5.44 billion (US$7 billion) in cash, the companies said Monday.
Twitter is updating its site and mobile apps to make it easier for users to carry out conversations on the site and share them with others outside of Twitter.
As of this past May, 70 percent of U.S. residents ages 18 and older access the Internet via high-speed broadband, although the rate of broadband adoption has been sluggish, according to survey results released Monday by the Pew Research Center's Inte...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT