Acer plans to launch a full line of mobile Internet devices (MIDs) by the end of May in a bid to boost profitability and add to its mobile device offerings.
Virgin Mobile is giving a bonus 1GB of data to new and existing Australian customers as part of a mobile Internet promotion.
Social networks such as Facebook and Twitter are responsible for the growth in the use of the mobile web, says CCS Insight.
Dell is developing a handheld mobile device designed for Internet access, following in the footsteps of rival Apple, according to a news report published in the Wall Street Journal on Monday.
Over 40 percent of mobile web traffic comes from Apple iPhone users, says AdMob.
Michael Dell gave the strongest hint to-date that his company is developing a mobile Internet device or smartphone at a speech in Tokyo on Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- 100 illuminated Intel drones to perform at Vivid Sydney
- Intel beefs up VR ammo with Extreme Edition Core i7 chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCProject managerACT
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCJunior Support OfficerACT
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCSenior Sharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW