Browsing the Web while you're on the move is one of the perks of owning a smartphone. The new touchscreen phones now entering the market are ideal for this job, as they're equipped to display Web pages on their large, high-resolution screens.
The Palm Pre, iPhone, and Android browsers were designed specifically for touchscreen phones. In contrast, the S60 browser that Nokia's touchscreen phones use goes back to an older S60 interface that did not focus on touchscreen use. This fact may ex...
Most people would agree that Apple's mobile Safari browser is one of the iPhone's great strengths. While Steve Jobs leaned on the iPhone engineers to get the new device just right, on the other side of the house Apple's browser people also felt under...
Research In Motion's BlackBerry Storm features a Java-based full-HTML browser, which RIM claims is in the same class with the browsers on iPhone, Palm Pre, Nokia, and Android devices. In many respects, that assertion is true.
The Palm Pre's WebOS browser is a relatively recent entrant in the mobile browser arena, arriving in early June of this year. But the Pre's new mobile browser comes fully prepared for a battle royale with other leading smartphone browsers.
The main page of the Android browser looks a bit more crowded than that of the iPhone or Palm Pre browser; but overall the Android browser competes very well with its peers. The Android browser is built into Google's Android mobile operating system a...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- FTData EngineersNSW
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW