Modern mobile technology may have been born with the first iPhone, a quintessential consumer device, but it wasn't long before the business possibilities began to emerge. Fast forward to today, and it's difficult to find a company that hasn't embrace...
Google is said to be developing a version of Android Wear to let iPhone owners sync their phones with smartwatches running Google's OS.
The mobile payments space is about to get more crowded: CurrentC, a platform backed by some of the country's biggest retailers, will launch in the next few months and give Apple, Google and Samsung added competition.
An enterprise mobility partnership between Apple and IBM has yielded more iPhone and iPad apps, including the first ones for the health care industry and industrial production management.
Facebook has released a new app for making videos that it thinks can win over the competition by allowing collaboration among friends.
French company Infinit has released Android and iOS applications for free file-sharing that promise improved transmission speeds over cloud-based services.
Google is testing a version for Android smartphones and tablets of a console that will help its customers monitor services in the cloud while on the move.
There's nothing like a brand-new medium to put marketing departments into overdrive, and it would be hard to find a better example than the recent, rapid-fire arrival of live-stream video apps Meerkat and Periscope.
Uber keeps crashing into laws and regulations in Europe, but it's keeping the foot on the accelerator.
Facebook's app for its F8 developer conference stole some of the show's thunder by sending out, ahead of the event, a notification that revealed what products will most likely be discussed.
Twitter has started to let videos play automatically in some people's feeds, in a test that could allow it to make more money from video advertising.
Facebook's Messenger app has traditionally been used for keeping in touch with friends. Now people can also use it to send each other money. In the future, it could become a platform which other apps could use, if recent rumors prove true.
At one time, people considered Microsoft a true contender in the mobile space. Just four years ago, some analysts predicted that Windows Phone would leapfrog BlackBerry and iOS to claim the number two spot behind Android. Some researchers expected Mi...
FedEx isn't worried about car-hailing startups encroaching on the parcel delivery business.
So you want to track your water, electricity or gas consumption, but you still don't have a smart meter on your supply? Pixolus has a mobile app that makes it easier to keep track of meter readings, even with dumb meters.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Acer's Nitro 5 is a laptop that lets casual gamers get reckless
- Newegg has lowered the price of HP's Stream 11 Pro G2 to $180
- Acer's Predator X27 G-Sync HDR monitor is infused with every feature you could ask for
- How to find the Windows 10 Creators Update's hidden desktop themes
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Process Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - RANVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- FTTeam Leader Application SupportVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Information Security SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - (Customer Platforms)NSW
- FTCampaign ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- FTPMO Lead, Project Delivery PracticeNSW
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW