Modern mobile technology may have been born with the first iPhone, a quintessential consumer device, but it wasn't long before the business possibilities began to emerge. Fast forward to today, and it's difficult to find a company that hasn't embrace...
Google is said to be developing a version of Android Wear to let iPhone owners sync their phones with smartwatches running Google's OS.
The mobile payments space is about to get more crowded: CurrentC, a platform backed by some of the country's biggest retailers, will launch in the next few months and give Apple, Google and Samsung added competition.
An enterprise mobility partnership between Apple and IBM has yielded more iPhone and iPad apps, including the first ones for the health care industry and industrial production management.
Facebook has released a new app for making videos that it thinks can win over the competition by allowing collaboration among friends.
French company Infinit has released Android and iOS applications for free file-sharing that promise improved transmission speeds over cloud-based services.
Google is testing a version for Android smartphones and tablets of a console that will help its customers monitor services in the cloud while on the move.
There's nothing like a brand-new medium to put marketing departments into overdrive, and it would be hard to find a better example than the recent, rapid-fire arrival of live-stream video apps Meerkat and Periscope.
Uber keeps crashing into laws and regulations in Europe, but it's keeping the foot on the accelerator.
Facebook's app for its F8 developer conference stole some of the show's thunder by sending out, ahead of the event, a notification that revealed what products will most likely be discussed.
Twitter has started to let videos play automatically in some people's feeds, in a test that could allow it to make more money from video advertising.
Facebook's Messenger app has traditionally been used for keeping in touch with friends. Now people can also use it to send each other money. In the future, it could become a platform which other apps could use, if recent rumors prove true.
At one time, people considered Microsoft a true contender in the mobile space. Just four years ago, some analysts predicted that Windows Phone would leapfrog BlackBerry and iOS to claim the number two spot behind Android. Some researchers expected Mi...
FedEx isn't worried about car-hailing startups encroaching on the parcel delivery business.
So you want to track your water, electricity or gas consumption, but you still don't have a smart meter on your supply? Pixolus has a mobile app that makes it easier to keep track of meter readings, even with dumb meters.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCService DeskWA
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC