Danish toy company Lego and 3D design company Autodesk want to make it easier for tech-savvy children to build complicated robots by introducing 3D software that shows every step in the building process.
Google is rolling out some enhancements to Google Now, a mobile app that gives Android users personalized information on the fly. The changes could help make the tool a bigger part of people's daily lives.
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer thinks there are problems with checking email on a smartphone, but her company is working on a solution.
Yahoo is bidding to strengthen its presence in the increasingly important mobile space with the acquisition of Alike, a location discovery app.
Forget fumbling with cash and credit cards; smartphones have long been seen as a way to make in store purchases faster and easier. But several challenges need to be overcome before the technology takes off.
Using a smartphone to pay for purchases in lieu of a physical debit or credit card may become a $US1 trillion business by 2015, and some ancillary technologies for consumer engagement could help to make that happen.
Twitter has pushed out an update to its mobile app that has a new search tool intended to make it easier for users to find relevant content.
BlackBerry and Unity are working together on an add-on for BlackBerry 10 smartphones that should make it easier for developers to create games for the new OS.
Hailo, the U.K.-based developer of taxi-hailing mobile apps, has landed fresh investment from KDDI, one of Japan's largest mobile operators.
Japanese telecom operator NTT DoCoMo has licensed a next-generation video compression technology called HEVC for use in future smartphones, where it could improve image quality and lessen network load.
The maker of the Path social networking app will pay a US$800,000 civil penalty to settle U.S. Federal Trade Commission charges that it illegally collected personal information from children without parental consent, the agency said Friday.
On Jan. 13, local developer Wang Jun found that downloads for his app had suddenly skyrocketed, totaling 58,000 in a single day.
Russian search giant Yandex is temporarily suspending the development of its Wonder social discovery app just one week after Facebook blocked the app's access to its API data.
Foursquare has launched a new mobile app aimed at making it easier for the 1 million business owners using the service to connect and share news with customers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCTest LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA