After spending the past six months talking about prioritizing its business around mobile platforms, Facebook says it's time to get down to business.
The idea that the technology behind search is a done deal is far from the truth, according to Google, as the company appears to still have plenty of tricks up its sleeve to improve it.
Facebook has blocked Vintage Camera, an Instagram-like photo app, from accessing its API (application programming interface). The move follows the recent blocking of other apps by the social networking giant.
Google is making it easier for app developers to connect with users on its social network through Google+ Sign-In, a new feature that allows people to sign into third-party apps using their Google+ credentials.
Imaging technology once reserved for high end cameras might be coming to smartphones with new software from Japan's Morpho.
Chinese Internet giant Tencent is eyeing the U.S. mobile Internet market with its popular WeChat product, a messaging app that lets users send messages, voice recorded notes, and pictures to friends on the service.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission and the California Office of the Attorney General should investigate Google's Wallet service for sharing app buyers' personal information with app developers, a privacy group said.
Consumers might not have to upgrade their phones to take advantage of a new video compression system that can send high-definition images much more efficiently than today's most popular formats.
Mobile operators are hoping to make it easier for developers to integrate network-based features with their applications using a new platform called OneAPI Exchange.
Trend Micro is adding the often confusing world of Facebook privacy settings to a new version of its flagship security software.
Mozilla previewed the first commercial build of its Firefox OS and announced several operator and smartphone rollout plans on Sunday at Mobile World Congress.
PayPal will introduce a mobile chip-and-PIN version of its payments service in Europe, starting with a selection of U.K. businesses over the coming months.
ZTE smartphones based on Firefox OS along with Nokia's new Windows Phone-based devices will share the spotlight at this year's Mobile World Congress with next-generation network technologies that offer higher download speeds and help operators combat...
Broadcom says it's invented a chip that can tell your phone where you are all the time without quickly draining your battery.
Orange hopes to increase smartphone use among seniors with the Fujitsu Stylistic S01, which uses a number of technologies to make the phone a better fit for users who are over 65 years old.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- FTGeneral Manager: Applications DevelopmentVIC
- CCProject Coordinator- PRINCE2 & Portal/Website/Digital bckgNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW