Expanding the range of its mobile photo sharing service, Instagram has introduced Instagram Direct, which allows users to send photos or short videos to a specific user or group of users.
With Nokia reportedly working on its own version of Android for use on low-end smartphones, the company needs Google's OS to able to compete in that increasingly important segment of the market, according to Informa principal analyst Malik Saadi.
Twitter has made its direct messaging service easier to use and added the ability to send photos, in an update to the Twitter app for Android and iOS released Tuesday.
Qualcomm has made its Gimbal sensors or "proximity beacons" commercially available as part of the company's context aware platform, which lets, for example, retailers see when a customer has entered a store.
Apple is taking a closer look at shoppers in its retail stores, under a new program that will push product-related information to their mobile devices using its iBeacon trackers.
More powerful processors will allow smartphone vendors to turn their high-end models into gaming consoles, but slower growth will also force them to focus more on improving their less expensive products next year.
Twitter and Deutsche Telekom have joined forces to develop software for Android.
Yahoo has acquired Ptch, the startup behind a mobile app that allowed users to combine photos and video on their phones into movies, and the service will shut down by January.
Nokia has upgraded the Asha 501 with WhatApp, Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync features and voice-over-IP.
Instagram is now available for Windows phones, some three years after the photo-sharing app's launch, the company announced Wednesday.
Pinterest is tweaking its service on the Web and mobile to make it easier for users to plan trips and locate their content with a new mapping product.
The European Parliament on Wednesday approved funding of €7 billion for Europe’s satellite navigation programmes.
Users of Twitter's mobile apps have some new ways to refine their search results, now with filters for photos, videos, news and people.
Samsung Electronics' worldwide tour to drum up developer interest stopped in London on Monday, as it hopes more developers will take advantage of features such as its S-Pen.
People using the transportation apps Lyft and Sidecar in California will no longer be able to skimp on their fares, now that both apps have ditched their donation model.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
- Logitech G213 Prodigy review: An ambitious keyboard that's oversized and overpriced
- Razer Ornata review: An expensive rubber-dome keyboard that comes with a mechanical click
- Asus Strix RX 580 Gaming Top OC review: Proof that size matters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTest Analyst - HCMSNSW
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Development Assistant Team LeadNSW
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystNSW
- CCGIS DeveloperQLD
- FTCapacity ManagerACT
- FTOracle Database Administrator (DBA)SA
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperACT
- FTService Desk - Level 1 SupportVIC
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW