Expanding the range of its mobile photo sharing service, Instagram has introduced Instagram Direct, which allows users to send photos or short videos to a specific user or group of users.
With Nokia reportedly working on its own version of Android for use on low-end smartphones, the company needs Google's OS to able to compete in that increasingly important segment of the market, according to Informa principal analyst Malik Saadi.
Twitter has made its direct messaging service easier to use and added the ability to send photos, in an update to the Twitter app for Android and iOS released Tuesday.
Qualcomm has made its Gimbal sensors or "proximity beacons" commercially available as part of the company's context aware platform, which lets, for example, retailers see when a customer has entered a store.
Apple is taking a closer look at shoppers in its retail stores, under a new program that will push product-related information to their mobile devices using its iBeacon trackers.
More powerful processors will allow smartphone vendors to turn their high-end models into gaming consoles, but slower growth will also force them to focus more on improving their less expensive products next year.
Twitter and Deutsche Telekom have joined forces to develop software for Android.
Yahoo has acquired Ptch, the startup behind a mobile app that allowed users to combine photos and video on their phones into movies, and the service will shut down by January.
Nokia has upgraded the Asha 501 with WhatApp, Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync features and voice-over-IP.
Instagram is now available for Windows phones, some three years after the photo-sharing app's launch, the company announced Wednesday.
Pinterest is tweaking its service on the Web and mobile to make it easier for users to plan trips and locate their content with a new mapping product.
The European Parliament on Wednesday approved funding of €7 billion for Europe’s satellite navigation programmes.
Users of Twitter's mobile apps have some new ways to refine their search results, now with filters for photos, videos, news and people.
Samsung Electronics' worldwide tour to drum up developer interest stopped in London on Monday, as it hopes more developers will take advantage of features such as its S-Pen.
People using the transportation apps Lyft and Sidecar in California will no longer be able to skimp on their fares, now that both apps have ditched their donation model.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Review: Asus ROG G752 OC Edition - Faster than many desktop gaming PCs
- Make a Wi-Fi gadget with a $9.99 Orange Pi development board
- Analysts laud and lance new Microsoft browser armor
- Should I drill a hole into my iPhone 7 to give it a headphone jack?
- Mediatek's developer board features a 10-core chip and Android 6.0
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW