Six months after adding its Place Pins feature, Pinterest is improving the search technology around the location pins.
China's Alibaba Group is buying UCWeb, one of the nation's top mobile browser companies, in a deal that will give the e-commerce giant a bigger reach with smartphone users.
A stronger set of features, possibly including payments, might be coming to Facebook's messaging properties now that former PayPal president David Marcus has come to work for the social network.
Well, that was awkward: Facebook just did a Snapchat of its own, briefly releasing a rival disappearing-photo app and then pulling it.
One federal regulator sees a potentially bright future in driverless cars like those made by Google -- if their technology actually succeeds in making roads safer.
Apple may be looking to infuse its mapping software with personally relevant results by incorporating social search with technology acquired from the startup Spotsetter.
Although the memory of a bad date can take a lot longer than 24 hours to truly fade, the dating app Tinder has decided that's plenty of time for its users to share photos with their matches.
Instagram has added a suite of new effects to its app in a move to win over users who might otherwise turn to alternative software for photo editing tools.
Mobile device management company Good Technology is stepping up its efforts to attract organizations that want to leave BlackBerry behind by acquiring assets from Fixmo and launching a new secure mobile collaboration app.
Google is updating its Google+ app for iOS devices, providing new photo playback and sharing features that could attract fans on the other side of the fence.
acebook will soon be listening to its users -- literally -- but some of them wish it would cover its ears.
Will smartwatches and cars give the Tizen OS the traction it hasn't gotten in smartphones? The OS's backers are getting their hopes up in advance of a developer conference next week.
Acer's "Build Your Own Cloud" service will start rolling out to consumers in late June with a suite of updated apps that will work on mobile devices and PCs, including devices from other companies.
Google has posted a number of notifications to show what users will be able to see on their Android Wear smartwatches, including integration with Nest's smoke detector.
The latest version of Xamarin's namesake development platform has additional support for iOS and more features for sharing code across the Apple OS, Android and Windows.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW