Startups vying for top awards at the Web Summit in Dublin this week are developing products for widely different markets, but highlight the growing use and reliance on cloud services and mobile devices on the part of developers and users alike.
NTT DoCoMo wants travelers to Japan to say more than just "sayonara" when they hear Japanese.
The minimalist look of flat design has been incorporated into Workday's refreshed mobile app for the company's cloud-based HCM (human capital management) and financial software.
Taking a page from the Snapchat playbook, BlackBerry will let BBM messaging service users control how long messages and pictures can be viewed, hoping the feature, along with other new capabilities, will result in a new revenue stream.
Google is aiming to keep its users healthy -- and away from Apple -- with a new app that takes a broader view of fitness tracking.
Apple is eyeing a possible partnership with China's biggest e-commerce player Alibaba Group that could help bring the company's Apple Pay service to the country.
China's Alibaba Group has decided to power app searches for its mobile operating system using technology from U.S.-based Quixey, a company in which it invested.
Anonymous sharing app Whisper has come under a cloud after a newspaper report charged it with tracking the location of its users, including those who have asked not to be followed.
This smartphone thing may finally be catching on.
Musician and technology entrepreneur Will.i.am unveiled the "Puls" on Wednesday, a high-tech bracelet that lets people make phone calls, check Twitter and Instagram, and tell the time.
American musician-cum-entrepreneur Will.i.am thinks he's got a radical gadget to beat the band: a massive app-infused watch that he says can do everything a phone can, and more.
Salesforce.com's development platform is known for its ability to create new apps quickly and easily, but with the launch of Lightning, both business users and programmers can get in on the fun.
Of the new social media apps that have sprung up around connecting anonymously, Yik Yak might be the most toxic. Or the most misunderstood. Perhaps it's both.
IBM has teamed with Xamarin in an effort to make it easier for C# developers to integrate back-end systems like databases with mobile apps.
With features such as offline sync in the new version of its Mobile SDK, Amazon Web Services is hoping to lure developers away from the cloud services offered by Google and Apple.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- How to turn off Chrome notifications and stop websites from bugging you
- Microsoft's Cortana is headed to the Android lock screen
- Gabe Newell's Reddit Q&A: The most interesting answers on Half-Life 3, Steam support, and more
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- FTProject Control AnalystSA
- TPNetwork Security OfficerVIC
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- CCSolution Lead/ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior|Principal SAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- CCService ManagerACT
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW