Startups vying for top awards at the Web Summit in Dublin this week are developing products for widely different markets, but highlight the growing use and reliance on cloud services and mobile devices on the part of developers and users alike.
NTT DoCoMo wants travelers to Japan to say more than just "sayonara" when they hear Japanese.
The minimalist look of flat design has been incorporated into Workday's refreshed mobile app for the company's cloud-based HCM (human capital management) and financial software.
Taking a page from the Snapchat playbook, BlackBerry will let BBM messaging service users control how long messages and pictures can be viewed, hoping the feature, along with other new capabilities, will result in a new revenue stream.
Google is aiming to keep its users healthy -- and away from Apple -- with a new app that takes a broader view of fitness tracking.
Apple is eyeing a possible partnership with China's biggest e-commerce player Alibaba Group that could help bring the company's Apple Pay service to the country.
China's Alibaba Group has decided to power app searches for its mobile operating system using technology from U.S.-based Quixey, a company in which it invested.
Anonymous sharing app Whisper has come under a cloud after a newspaper report charged it with tracking the location of its users, including those who have asked not to be followed.
This smartphone thing may finally be catching on.
Musician and technology entrepreneur Will.i.am unveiled the "Puls" on Wednesday, a high-tech bracelet that lets people make phone calls, check Twitter and Instagram, and tell the time.
American musician-cum-entrepreneur Will.i.am thinks he's got a radical gadget to beat the band: a massive app-infused watch that he says can do everything a phone can, and more.
Salesforce.com's development platform is known for its ability to create new apps quickly and easily, but with the launch of Lightning, both business users and programmers can get in on the fun.
Of the new social media apps that have sprung up around connecting anonymously, Yik Yak might be the most toxic. Or the most misunderstood. Perhaps it's both.
IBM has teamed with Xamarin in an effort to make it easier for C# developers to integrate back-end systems like databases with mobile apps.
With features such as offline sync in the new version of its Mobile SDK, Amazon Web Services is hoping to lure developers away from the cloud services offered by Google and Apple.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- Warning: The new Marvel: Ultimate Alliance PC ports are a disastrous mess
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCIT Project Manager - Data Centre ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW