Instagram's got five new filters that it hopes will improve people's smartphone photos by changing them less.
Android apps really do use those permissions they ask for to access users' personal information: one online store records a phone's location up to 10 times a minute, French researchers have found. The tools to manage such access are limited, and inad...
IBM and Apple have unveiled the first results of their enterprise IT partnership: 10 mobile applications aimed at businesses in six industries as well as government users.
Ride-hailing service Uber has hit yet another legal roadblock, with a Madrid court ordering it to stop all its activities in Spain.
The usefulness of Android in your car, on your TV and smartwatch will be decided by app availability, and Google is hoping to make it easier to create them with its new development environment, Android Studio.
Google will soon begin to contact customers who made in-app purchases on Android devices about potential refunds under a settlement of an unfair billing complaint by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Do you hate the song Pandora just played for you? The music streaming service wants you to give it more feedback so it can play the songs you want to hear.
Opera Software thinks users are ready to subscribe to mobile apps just like music and is pitching curated versions of the company's Mobile Store to operators.
Even though China has blocked access to Google Play in the country, the app platform is still hoping to bring aboard more Chinese-made apps, and help them make money from international customers.
German startup Priori Data is set to launch an app analytics platform designed to help developers, and anyone else who's interested, find out what's really hot and what's not on Apple's App Store and Google Play.
Months after its messaging app was blocked in China, the company behind Line is "optimistic" it can bring the service back to the country in the near future, in spite of the government's growing censorship of the Internet.
Millions of Chinese will now be able to buy from Apple's App Store through the country's major domestic banking card provider, in a deal that could help the company squeeze even more revenue from one of its biggest markets.
Pandora, the algorithmic music radio app, is not afraid of its competitors in on-demand streaming like Spotify and Apple-owned Beats Music, because it has better feedback data than them, the company claims.
A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it's worth fewer with a lousy caption -- and let's not even get into hashtags -- so Instagram is trying to help users clean things up.
While you were busy rating your last Uber driver, your last Uber driver was busy rating you.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC