Instagram's got five new filters that it hopes will improve people's smartphone photos by changing them less.
Android apps really do use those permissions they ask for to access users' personal information: one online store records a phone's location up to 10 times a minute, French researchers have found. The tools to manage such access are limited, and inad...
IBM and Apple have unveiled the first results of their enterprise IT partnership: 10 mobile applications aimed at businesses in six industries as well as government users.
Ride-hailing service Uber has hit yet another legal roadblock, with a Madrid court ordering it to stop all its activities in Spain.
The usefulness of Android in your car, on your TV and smartwatch will be decided by app availability, and Google is hoping to make it easier to create them with its new development environment, Android Studio.
Google will soon begin to contact customers who made in-app purchases on Android devices about potential refunds under a settlement of an unfair billing complaint by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Do you hate the song Pandora just played for you? The music streaming service wants you to give it more feedback so it can play the songs you want to hear.
Opera Software thinks users are ready to subscribe to mobile apps just like music and is pitching curated versions of the company's Mobile Store to operators.
Even though China has blocked access to Google Play in the country, the app platform is still hoping to bring aboard more Chinese-made apps, and help them make money from international customers.
German startup Priori Data is set to launch an app analytics platform designed to help developers, and anyone else who's interested, find out what's really hot and what's not on Apple's App Store and Google Play.
Months after its messaging app was blocked in China, the company behind Line is "optimistic" it can bring the service back to the country in the near future, in spite of the government's growing censorship of the Internet.
Millions of Chinese will now be able to buy from Apple's App Store through the country's major domestic banking card provider, in a deal that could help the company squeeze even more revenue from one of its biggest markets.
Pandora, the algorithmic music radio app, is not afraid of its competitors in on-demand streaming like Spotify and Apple-owned Beats Music, because it has better feedback data than them, the company claims.
A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it's worth fewer with a lousy caption -- and let's not even get into hashtags -- so Instagram is trying to help users clean things up.
While you were busy rating your last Uber driver, your last Uber driver was busy rating you.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- How to find the cheapest flights
- Why is Australian internet tech support so terrible?
- How Google Translate helped me with the woman who pummelled my buttocks
- 60 turns with Civilization VI: 3 key tweaks will change how you conquer the world
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW