Twitter's Vine video service has released a cute new app for kids, but let's get real: This is a gateway drug.
Things are about to get testy between the Snapchat ghost and Twitter's birdie as the popular Internet companies invade each other's space: Twitter has launched a private group messaging feature, while Snapchat added news content.
Two companies have started working on a full-featured version of the free office suite LibreOffice for Android. They hope to have a beta version available in March.
Oracle and Samsung Electronics have reportedly forged a new partnership through which they will work together to deliver mobile cloud services.
Dutch authorities have started fining ride-hailing service Uber Technologies €10,000 (about US$11,200) every time they catch a driver using the UberPop service, which is banned in the Netherlands.
Dropbox has finally released an app for Microsoft's smartphones, hinting at a future when Windows smartphones, tablets and PCs will become more integrated.
Twitter is embarking on a worldwide tour to disseminate knowledge and technical know-how about building good apps. Using the company's tools, of course.
The U.K. may ban online messaging services that offer encryption such as WhatsApp and Apple's iMessage, under surveillance plans laid out by Prime Minister David Cameron.
Ever get stuck in your daily commute? That happens to people in Amsterdam too. But with a new smartphone app that provides free personal route advice based on the latest traffic conditions, Dutch commuters could soon be avoiding annoying traffic jams...
Questions abound over how Apple's Watch will function when it's released later this year. But here's one feature: It will be able to serve ads, based on the location of wearers and their purchases.
Samsung Electronics continues to struggle to attract users to its own apps and services, forcing the company to focus on more on collaborating with other companies and stepping up efforts to offer better-looking devices.
Microsoft wants to help Android, iOS and Windows apps run offline as well as online, offering a way to improve app responsiveness and functionality when network coverage is bad or non-existent.
Uber is suspending its service in Portland, Oregon, for the next three months while city regulators there work to reframe local laws around taxis and car hailing apps.
Line, the messaging app from Japan, has acquired MixRadio, the free music-streaming service Microsoft gained through its Nokia acquisition, the companies announced Thursday.
Uber, in 2015, is resolving to make its car hailing service safer, partly by enhancing its driver screening through the use of biometrics and voice verification.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Report: Apple Car launch date slips back a year to 2021
- Pokémon Go and the demon-haunted world
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HP-UX/Oracle RDBMS) 160720/SA/113Asia
- FTTest ManagerACT
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (HTML/PC LAN/XML) 160711/ITA/692Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- CCHCMS Program ManagerNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCUI/UX DesignerNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC