Twitter's Vine video service has released a cute new app for kids, but let's get real: This is a gateway drug.
Things are about to get testy between the Snapchat ghost and Twitter's birdie as the popular Internet companies invade each other's space: Twitter has launched a private group messaging feature, while Snapchat added news content.
Two companies have started working on a full-featured version of the free office suite LibreOffice for Android. They hope to have a beta version available in March.
Oracle and Samsung Electronics have reportedly forged a new partnership through which they will work together to deliver mobile cloud services.
Dutch authorities have started fining ride-hailing service Uber Technologies €10,000 (about US$11,200) every time they catch a driver using the UberPop service, which is banned in the Netherlands.
Dropbox has finally released an app for Microsoft's smartphones, hinting at a future when Windows smartphones, tablets and PCs will become more integrated.
Twitter is embarking on a worldwide tour to disseminate knowledge and technical know-how about building good apps. Using the company's tools, of course.
The U.K. may ban online messaging services that offer encryption such as WhatsApp and Apple's iMessage, under surveillance plans laid out by Prime Minister David Cameron.
Ever get stuck in your daily commute? That happens to people in Amsterdam too. But with a new smartphone app that provides free personal route advice based on the latest traffic conditions, Dutch commuters could soon be avoiding annoying traffic jams...
Questions abound over how Apple's Watch will function when it's released later this year. But here's one feature: It will be able to serve ads, based on the location of wearers and their purchases.
Samsung Electronics continues to struggle to attract users to its own apps and services, forcing the company to focus on more on collaborating with other companies and stepping up efforts to offer better-looking devices.
Microsoft wants to help Android, iOS and Windows apps run offline as well as online, offering a way to improve app responsiveness and functionality when network coverage is bad or non-existent.
Uber is suspending its service in Portland, Oregon, for the next three months while city regulators there work to reframe local laws around taxis and car hailing apps.
Line, the messaging app from Japan, has acquired MixRadio, the free music-streaming service Microsoft gained through its Nokia acquisition, the companies announced Thursday.
Uber, in 2015, is resolving to make its car hailing service safer, partly by enhancing its driver screening through the use of biometrics and voice verification.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PC World Test rig 2017
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Why Apple will make smart glasses
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager IntegrationNSW
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerACT
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)Other
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTLinux EngineerNSW