Speculation for months suggested Apple would put an Near-Field Communication chip in its next iPhone. But when the iPhone 4S was unveiled this week, the mobile payment technology was missing from the device.
Mobile and Wireless
Research in Motion's PlayBook looks to be in trouble, as it appears that the smartphone maker has stopped production of the tablet and is actively considering getting out of the business, says Collins Stewart semiconductor analyst John Vihn.
Research in Motion said Thursday that it remains committed to the PlayBook tablet and the tablet market, discounting an analyst's report that said the death of the device is imminent.
Microsoft began its Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango" update to smartphones globally at 1 p.m. ET Tuesday.
Even though Google said its Google Wallet app was available Monday, it won't be installed over-the-air to all Nexus S 4G customers until Friday night.
When it comes to the bevy of new tablet computers coming to market, a tablet maker's brand will take on more significance than ever.
Just last year, with the arrival of Android 2.0 mobile operating system, I warned that Android devices were not quite ready for the enterprise.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramVIC
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- CCEOI - Performance TesterWA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI, DataNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCAutoCAD Business System Analyst/ GIS, Spatial AnalystNSW
- CCIT SharePoint SpecialistNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCInfrastructure Team LeadNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTAPI DeveloperNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT