Microsoft has been trying to persuade Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC to load the Windows Phone OS jointly with Android on future smartphones, it has been reported.
Chinese communications providers Huawei and China Mobile have successfully deployed 4G coverage on Mount Everest, some 5,200 metres above sea level.
Just as smartphone manufacturer HTC was beginning to claw back some market share with its refreshed HTC One line, two former company executives have announced the launch of a new mobile brand called Kazam, which they claim will "disrupt the status qu...
Sony has become the first smartphone manufacturer to use firmware from mobile software management firm Red Bend to deliver over-the-air updates to its Xperia range of devices, in order to address the growing problem of Android fragmentation.
Exponential growth in the use of computers, smartphones and other networked devices could cause the environmental impact of the ICT sector to increase dramatically between now and 2020, according to a new report.
Latest News Articles
- Jawbone Mini Jambox Bluetooth speaker
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Xbox One)
- Foxtel Play screens on LG Smart TVs
- Rambus, Micron settle patent, antitrust disputes
- Data-stealing malware pretends to be Microsoft IIS server module
Most Popular Articles
- 1 How to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Google Edition
- 2 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 3 Aldi's new budget 8in Android tablet has 3G, makes phone calls
- 4 Capacitive vs resistive touchscreens
- 5 Samsung targets Galaxy of kids with latest tablet
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- Networking, Wireless & VoIPView all »
- NotebooksView all »
- TabletsView all »
- Mobile PhonesView all »
- Printers & ScannersView all »