China will take the wraps off its latest 8-core Godson processor early next year to show its chip-making ability compared to Intel, Advanced Micro Devices and ARM.
British chip designer Imagination Technologies plans to acquire the operating business of processor maker MIPS Technologies, as well as some of its patents, in an effort to strengthen its position on smartphones. At the same time MIPS has also sold a...
A first-of-its-kind tablet with Google's Android 4.0 priced under $US100 is now available in China, and will reach other countries soon, according to companies that helped build the device.
Intel and MIPS Technologies expect the next version of Google's mobile operating system, Android 4.0, to soon run on tablets and smartphones based on their processors.
MIPS Technologies on Tuesday said it was porting Google's Android 3.0 operating system, code-named Honeycomb, to work with its microprocessors.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- How to turn off Chrome notifications and stop websites from bugging you
- Microsoft's Cortana is headed to the Android lock screen
- Gabe Newell's Reddit Q&A: The most interesting answers on Half-Life 3, Steam support, and more
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- CCSAP SuccessfactorsACT
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD