Consumer groups are cheering the news that Comcast abandoned its proposed US$45 billion acquisition of fellow cable and broadband provider Time Warner Cable, saying it's good for customers and demonstrates the power of Internet activism.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will adopt net neutrality rules in early 2015, maybe as soon as February, several observers believe, but few people want to predict what those rules will look like.
U.S. President Barack Obama, in a strong net neutrality policy statement, has given the Federal Communications Commission the political cover it needs to move ahead with new rules by reclassifying broadband as a regulated utility.
The contentious debate about net neutrality in the U.S. has sparked controversy over a lack of funding transparency for advocacy groups and think tanks, which critics say subverts the political process.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission engaged in the worst kind of "partisan politics" by working closely with net neutrality advocates to ensure their comments were filed with the agency, but not extending the same courtesy to the other side, a...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 review: The new people's champion topples Titans
- Powerful gaming PC backpacks are becoming a thing as VR craze swells
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 launches with limited stock, no custom-cooled variants
- Review: DJI’s Phantom 4 drone makes high-flying tech easier (video)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Sharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW