A group of U.S. senators has revived an effort to require major online retailers to collect sales tax from shoppers.
The U.S. Senate has delayed a vote on an Internet sales tax until May, after a handful of senators blocked lawmakers from voting on the legislation this week.
The U.S. Senate has voted 74-20 to close debate and move to a final vote on a bill allowing states to collect sales tax from out-of-state Internet and catalog retailers.
The US Senate has overwhelmingly passed a nonbinding proposal to allow states to collect sales tax on Internet sellers that have no presence within their borders.
A group of U.S. senators have offered a nonbinding amendment to a fiscal year 2014 budget resolution allowing states to collect sales taxes on Internet sales and end the tax-free shopping that many shoppers enjoy online.
A large group of U.S. lawmakers has reintroduced legislation that would require online retailers to collect sales tax for state and local governments, essentially raising the cost of many online purchases by 10 percent or more.
An effort by three U.S. senators to add an Internet sales tax amendment to a military spending bill has failed, at least for now.
Four U.S. senators have introduced legislation that would allow states to collect taxes on Internet sales, even when the seller does not have a physical presence in the taxing state.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi gear driving strong WLAN equipment sales
- Microsoft declares 350M devices now on Windows 10
- Facebook chooses friends and family over celebrities in your feed, which is probably healthy
- Florida man sues Apple for $10 billion for 'stealing' his iPhone invention from 1992
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Toolset ReadinessNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW