Larry Ellison has opened a new front in his battle with Cisco Systems and EMC, launching new Oracle hardware on Wednesday that he claims will be the cheapest on the market.
Oracle has given the first peek at its upcoming Sparc M7 processor, promising big performance gains for customers who use the in-memory compute features of its 12C database.
Hewlett-Packard is eyeing 2015 for the release of its first Nonstop systems based on x86 server hardware, a company official said this week.
A rugged server from NCS Technologies introduced on Friday can withstand drops, will work in extreme temperatures and can be deployed via parachute into crisis areas or war zones if needed.
Hewlett-Packard on Monday announced new servers that come pre-configured with Microsoft software to help companies deploy virtualized workloads more quickly.
It can't be easy working for Oracle CEO Larry Ellison. Just ask John Fowler, the head of Oracle's systems business, who's spent the past two weeks trying to convince customers that Ellison didn't really mean it when he said Oracle is "phasing out" it...
IBM has updated its Power systems lineup with higher-density blades and faster processors for its mid-range Power 750 server, looking to keep its momentum in Unix sales as the market inches back to life.
Calxeda on Friday revealed initial details about its first ARM-based server chip, designed to let companies build low-power servers with up to 480 cores.
SeaMicro on Monday announced a low-power server that includes 256 of Intel's latest Atom N570 dual-core processors.
Dell on Monday introduced a server that can accommodate up to 96 CPU cores -- a big boost in the computational power provided by its hardware.
Dell has released two servers for the U.S. market that have been customized to run Ubuntu-based cloud services, the company announced Wednesday.
Hewlett-Packard has released new software to help customers move off of their aging HP 9000 servers and onto its newer Integrity systems.
Oracle has announced new servers based on the Sparc T3 processor, a chip that began life at Sun Microsystems and which some said might never see the light of day.
The Transaction Processing Performance Council (TPC) has added a power efficiency metric, TPC-Energy, to its ongoing roundups of speedy transactional processing systems. Hewlett-Packard is the first participant to use the new TPC-Energy specification...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- nbn on track to meet its financial year plan: Bill Morrow
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- Foxtel, Village and ISPs yet to agree on the cost of blocking pirate sites
- Why Microsoft won't extend the Windows 10 free upgrade offer
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCSr. Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT