Microsoft will shut down its Microsoft Garage experiment, Cache, which had a chance to compete with market leaders Google Keep and Evernote.
Microsoft's Insider build 15014 for Windows 10 PCs and phones adds the ebook store that leaked earlier, plus some handy disk utilities and other upgrades.
Microsoft's decision to stop development of Minecraft: Pocket Edition means there is no Minecraft game for Windows phones under active development.
Microsoft is testing a new feature with Cortana for Android that lets users access the digital personal assistant from the lock screen.
A leaked build from MSPowerUser shows how Microsoft plans to plug the last remaining hole in its content library: ebooks.
Microsoft's patent for a foldable phone/tablet is approved, suggesting Microsoft still has mobile aspirations. But the patent dates from 2014, a time when the company's mobile fortunes were more favorable than they are now.
An early version of Windows 10's expected Game Mode has made an appearance in Build 15007.
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15007, Microsoft's second build in a week, adds improvements both functional (in Edge, Cortana, and Mobile) and aesthetic (a new themes section in the Store).
Environmental advocacy group Greenpeace is out with its latest report card judging internet companies on use of renewable energy and while Apple, Google and Facebook continue to score the highest marks, the market’s leading IaaS public cloud vendor A...
Microsoft said Tuesday that it's launched a simplified privacy dashboard for Windows 10 users. It also plans changes to the upcoming Windows 10 Creators Update that will adjust the level of privacy controls, though not always to the benefit of users.
Microsoft's Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15002 contains numerous updates that you'll notice immediately, including new Start folders, Microsoft Edge upgrades, and suggested Cortana commands...and that just scratches the surface.
Microsoft is turning the BSOD into a GSOD for users of its Windows 10 beta.
ARM executives said other ARM licensees could follow Qualcomm's lead and emulate Intel's x86 instructions for Windows 10. For its part, ARM is busy with the connected car.
A new system update can speed up your Xbox One downloads by up to 80 percent.
Yahoo users have 1 billion more reasons to switch another major hack. Here's how to replace major Yahoo services with rivals and delete your Yahoo account.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to find the Windows 10 Creators Update's hidden desktop themes
- AMD updates Ryzen drivers with a new power profile and the promise of better performance
- Dell XPS 15 vs. MacBook Pro 15: Fight!
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
- Nvidia's offering three free VR games if you buy a GTX 10 Series card and an Oculus Rift + Touch
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- CCSenior Policy OfficerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperACT
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantVIC
- FTBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- CC1st / 2nd Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - (Customer Platforms)NSW
- TPProject ServicesACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTBusiness Analysis | Business Case | ProcurementVIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTStorage Engineer l HDSNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTPMO LeadNSW
- FTSenior IOS DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT HealthcareQLD