If you have Windows 10's Anniversary Update, there's a handy little tool for performing remote tech support that's baked right into your computer. It's the new Quick Assist feature.
Apple's opening of the iOS keyboard floodgates has created enough space for a small skirmish between Google's Gboard and Microsoft's Word Flow.
Microsoft's patent cross-licensing juggernaut continues with a new agreement with Lenovo.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation is lambasting Microsoft over Windows 10's telemetry technology, and wants it to "come clean" with customers.
The goal is to track every plant, product and person associated with the production and sale of marijuana and maintain legal compliance.
Sales of Windows smartphones plunged 76% in the second quarter of this year compared to 2015.
If you liked Bing Rewards, you'll probably love its evolution into Microsoft Rewards. The company will pay you not just for using Bing, but for using its Edge browser or shopping at its online or brick-and-mortar stores.
Microsoft's beta of Minecraft for the Oculus Rift includes an "emergency stop" button that pushes out of the VR mode.
Microsoft has resumed delivery of Windows 10 previews to its Insider members after taking a break amid the release this year's lone major upgrade.
In what appears to be a reversal of its January position, Microsoft now says that Skylake PCs running Windows 7 and Windows 8 will be covered through the normal support periods.
Will we see other "Xbox exclusives" hit Steam in the future? Or does Quantum Break qualify as a special case?
Microsoft's OneDrive vs. Google Photos and iCloud: Price is one thing, but face recognition, search, caching, and albums are all key features for photo management.
Windows 10's Redstone 2 and Redstone 3 updates really are coming in 2017, according to a Microsoft blog post.
Microsoft has made no secret of its grand plans for chat bots, and this week it rolled out five new ones for Skype. Surely the most fun is "Spock," a bot that promises to help you "learn the ways of Vulcan logic."
Microsoft reveals that Windows 10 Mobile phone owners will have to wait for the Anniversary Update.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fake news fallout: Facebook starts asking users if headlines are accurate
- Dead Rising 4 impressions: 'Tis the season to BBQ zombies with your flaming sword
- Surface Book i7 vs. MacBook Pro: Fight!
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Nikola Motor unveils its hydrogen fuel cell 18-wheeler
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- CCSenior Financial PlannerNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst/Salesforce Developer APEXNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Project ManagerNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- CCChange Manager/ Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- CCProject Coordinator / Specialist / Analyst - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA