Microsoft pushes Suggested Reminders for Cortana to all Windows 10 users today. Now, Microsoft's digital assistant can proactively remind you to keep promises you may have forgotten.
With Windows 10 Insider Build 15031, Microsoft has added two nice improvements to Windows 10: a feature to auto-lock your PC when you step away, and a capability to strip out video into a small, floating window.
Microsoft's program allowing potential customers to try a Surface Hub for 30 days before buying it will start on Feb. 15.
Windows 10's milestone bug bash lets us know that Microsoft's moving into the final, bug-fixing phase of the Windows 10 Creators Update development process.
The CEO of Epic Games is back with another charge against Microsoft and the future of the Windows Store platform.
What could be a new version of Windows has surfaced deep inside recent Insider builds of Windows 10. One report suggests that it could be a UWP-only version of Windows: Windows RT 2.0, in other words.
Irony: Microsoft's Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15019 for the PC offers some much-anticipated gaming features, but a small horde of bugs could make some games unplayable. From Microsoft's perspective, it's all part of the beta-testing journey.
Clues point to an end-of-March launch for Microsoft's Windows 10 Creators Update, based on planned ship dates for the closely aligned Surface Studio and Dell Canvas products. Given the bugginess of the Anniversary Update last July, however, we'd advi...
Microsoft says that big updates will drop beginning Thursday for Xbox One and Windows 10 Insiders, with PC gamers receiving the new Game Mode, Beam streaming, and improved Settings, among others.
Microsoft isn't letting freeloaders into its Xbox Insider program any longer. Instead, you'll have to prove that you're worthy enough to ascend to the highest of four Insider tiers.
Microsoft's Office Lens camera app is now a part of both Word and PowerPoint for iOS and Android. It will become really useful, though, once true OCR machine-reading capabilities are added.
Microsoft debuted a new cloud-based Intune management tool, supported by a number of new low-cost PCs, in a bid to oust Google-powered Chromebooks from American classrooms.
Microsoft said Monday that members of its Insider Program for Xbox One will start seeing the first Creators Update features, including UI improvements that add updated Home screens, Guide, and audio options.
Microsoft has resurrected its free Windows 10 upgrade, aiming the deal at small- and mid-sized businesses that passed on the earlier offer.
Microsoft's Twitch competitor, Beam, launches Beam.pro, which has moved out of beta with support for 10Mbps streams with resolutions up to 1440p.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTUser Support AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Business Finance LeadQLD
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTHR Learning Management ExpertNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- TPProject Reporting DeveloperSA
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW