Microsoft furthered its pursuit of enterprise analytics on Friday when it announced the acquisition of Metanautix, a company that makes it possible for businesses to pull together all their data to gain insights into it.
Microsoft delved even deeper into providing software for Android on Thursday with the launch of Microsoft Apps, a new application that gives users of Google's operating system a one-stop shop to find apps like Word, Cortana and Bing.
A new update to the Surface app lets you launch a desktop program with a click of your digital pen.
OneDrive for Business entered the next stage of its evolution as a product on Wednesday when Microsoft launched a series of updates that are aimed at improving its cloud storage and productivity service for businesses and other large organizations.
Microsoft reneged on its promise of unlimited OneDrive for Business storage for all organizations, announcing Wednesday that only premium Office 365 subscribers will get access to limitless cloud storage.
Cloud and mobile computing have created an imperative for the tech world: Change or fail. Here, are the IDG News Service's picks for the top 10 tech stories of 2015.
Microsoft jumped into the enterprise app creation world with the beta launch of PowerApps last week. It also started competing with one of the companies it's invested in.
Microsoft and the Linux Foundation have teamed up to offer a certification for managing Linux systems in the Azure cloud.
Microsoft has released the latest version of its System Center Configuration Manager to the world, giving system administrators new tools to manage a fleet of devices across their organization.
Scheduling meetings with multiple people can be a pain. Finding time between a maze of competing schedules is frustrating at best, and Microsoft is trying to make that a little bit easier with a new tool the company released Thursday.
A configuration error in Microsoft's Azure Active Directory service is preventing customers from accessing a wide range of Microsoft services hosted in Europe, including Office 365 and Visual Studio Team Services.
In a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on Wednesday, lawmakers heard arguments on both sides of a bill that's garnered passionate support from Microsoft but is being compared by others to the highly controversial SOPA and PIPA copyright bills of 201...
Microsoft is finally making new features available to Office 2016 users on Windows after it promised their availability in November.
Microsoft is launching the next version of Windows Server next year, and IT departments are gearing up to take their time adopting it, according to a new Spiceworks survey released Wednesday.
Microsoft wowed tech enthusiasts with its HoloLens augmented reality headset, and now it's looking for software to run the hardware. The winner of the contest, which runs through early January, will be able to interact with Microsoft developers as th...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
- Qualcomm bringing LTE connectivity to wearables with new Wear platform
- Qualcomm's new chips target low-cost smartphones with premium features
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSharePoint Web DeveloperACT
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCProject Manager - DeliveryNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC