Google's move to ban Windows for internal use was ostensibly for security reasons. But that looks more like a convenient excuse than anything else, because there are plenty of reasons the ban doesn't make sense.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs may believe that the personal computer--Mac and Windows PCs--will be diminish in importance in the near future, but Microsoft boss Steve Ballmer sees thing differently.
Microsoft Chief Software Architect Ray Ozzie was happy to talk about the history of computing Wednesday at a Silicon Valley event but did not want to talk about its future, as least as far as what Microsoft's plans might be pertaining to tablet compu...
Microsoft opened a joint cloud computing center with Taiwan's economics ministry on Thursday at the Computex electronics show, and announced a plan to work with two local companies on new designs for servers meant specifically for cloud computing, th...
Microsoft unveiled a major refresh of the Windows Live Essentials suite. The video overview focuses primarily on the improved photo editing, management, and sharing features - which do seem fairly impressive. But, small and medium business customers ...
The Kentucky Department of Education is replacing its e-mail servers with a free cloud-based offering from Microsoft, one that will supply 700,000 students, faculty and staff with e-mail and other information-sharing tools.
Most organisations should start drawing up plans to eliminate Windows XP and shift workers to Windows 7, Gartner analysts are advising.
Expect Google to deepen its efforts in social media and social networking as part of its broader push to increase its display ad business.
In the past decade, Microsoft has acquired nearly 10 times as many companies as Apple, and spent nearly nine times as many dollars on research and development.
Internet Explorer (IE) gained browser usage share last month in the U.S., while major rivals Firefox and Chrome both lost ground, Microsoft said today, citing data from Web analytics firm Net Applications.
If a report is accurate and Google is urging its workers to dump Windows because of security concerns, the company's rationale is bogus and disingenuous, analysts said today.
Usage of Internet Explorer 6 has finally fallen below 5 per cent in the United States and Europe, perhaps signalling the end is near for Microsoft's nine-year-old IE6 browser.
A year after Microsoft launched Bing, the product has returned Microsoft to credibility in the search market, and appears to have prompted renewed innovation at Google.
It looks like Google will stop using Windows internally due to security vulnerabilities in the OS. Google reportedly will switch to more secure operating systems, including the Mac OS, Linux, and Google's upcoming Chrome OS, according to the Financi...
Microsoft doesn't report all security vulnerabilities that it fixes in its software. Bug comparisons between vendors therefore paint an incorrect picture.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
- Apple reports second straight quarter of declining iPhone sales
- NTSB: Tesla in fatal crash was speeding with Autopilot on
- Office 365 gets new Word, PowerPoint and Outlook features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCSenior Back-end .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC